Page 15 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Rules questions

Quote Originally Posted by Jake_the_Dog View Post
    Question about the Hero Card Magic Man. We're wondering, at the card wars wiki, if Magic Man's effect triggers on a cost 2 creature that's been reduced to 0 at the moment it is being played by Unempty Coffin.

We also want to know whether Lost Golem and Blueberry Pieclops can trigger Magic Man when their cost is reduced by their own effect.

Edit: We would also like to know if a creature played with a cost reducing effect is considered to have that reduced cost as long as it is on the board (for Suzan Strong).
    Whatever cost you reduce a card to is the cost of that Creature until after it enters play. Then it reverts to its printed cost.
    As for Susan Strong: No
    Last edited by Matt_Hyra; 01-10-2015 at 04:39 AM.
    Original Designer
    DC Deck-Building Game

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlueShaman View Post
    do you have to play your monster on its type of feild or can you do it on anything you want?
    You can play it on any of your Landscapes.
    Original Designer
    DC Deck-Building Game

can you replace a tapped monster the turn it is tapped?
    No. The rules of replacement say that you may only replace a ready creature.
    Original Designer
    DC Deck-Building Game

Quote Originally Posted by Matt_Hyra View Post
    A 2-cost Creature is one that has a printed 2 cost. Sometimes you pay less for certain Creatures, but it doesn't make them have a different cost.
    As for Susan Strong: No
    In regards to Magic Man's ability, how (or why) does it differ from the way Cost reductions interact with Temple of the Sun?

This quote seems to contradict your previous statement.

"Cards with reduced costs enter play with those reduced costs, So a 0-cost Lost Golem won't trigger the Temple of the Sun.

Posted by M_Bieniewicz on page 11 of this thread.

EDIT:
    The wording for Temple of the Sun is "enters play", and the wording for Magic Man is "When you play". I'm going to assume this is the absolute difference in how the mechanics are effected.
    Last edited by Floop; 01-09-2015 at 06:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Floop View Post
    In regards to Magic Man's ability, how (or why) does it differ from the way Cost reductions interact with Temple of the Sun?

This quote seems to contradict your previous statement.

"Cards with reduced costs enter play with those reduced costs, So a 0-cost Lost Golem won't trigger the Temple of the Sun.

Posted by M_Bieniewicz on page 11 of this thread.

EDIT:
    The wording for Temple of the Sun is "enters play", and the wording for Magic Man is "When you play". I'm going to assume this is the absolute difference in how the mechanics are effected.
    That difference is what threw me off. Actually, they are meant to play the same. I changed my answer above. They do have that cost when you play them, but then revert to their printed cost after they enter play.
    Original Designer
    DC Deck-Building Game

I'm glad this was corrected! The game was gonna get so broken lol

what if it is taped for eff then untapped by a card eff then can it be replaced?

is it true you can only draw a certain number of cards per turn?

is there a fuller rule book i can read? ive read the basic book but there seems to be more rules. also is there going to be real life tournaments?

what if it is taped for eff then untapped by a card eff then can it be replaced?
    Yes
    Original Designer
    DC Deck-Building Game