Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Rules questions

Pickler
    Is there a difference between "destroying" and "sacrificing" a card?

Sorry for all the questions as well. My friends and I are playing together regularly and I'm trying to build up some tournament strength decks =)

There is no difference between sacrifice and destroy.
    No prob on the questions.
    Original Designer
    DC Deck-Building Game

Hi, i had a few questions please, apologies if they are a bit obvious:

1 - Do you need available landscapes to play building cards, including rainbow ones? It seems that for example Celestial Castle will need you to have at least one free landscape square, of any type to play it (along with 1+ action points).

I wanted to check as in following this rule I find myself very rarely using any of the building cards as they mean I am unable to play as many creatures and the creatures are almost always more helpful to use.

2 - If you attack a creature and deal enough damage to it to kill it will it still deal you damage in defense that turn?

3 - Do attack modifiers effect the damage dealt by defending creatures? For example will a creature in a lane with Blood Fortress deal +1 damage to me in defense if I attack it in my turn? Also will say the Corn Lord do 0 damage when defending or does he still get his bonus for other owned corn creatures?

Thank you.

EDIT: +1 not 1+
    Last edited by nietzschebob; 05-29-2014 at 06:36 AM.

1. If you already have a Building on each of your Landscapes, you can replace a Building by playing a new Building. You do not have to place a Cornfield Building below a Cornfield Landscape. Buildings are great if you already have 4 Creatures in play, as you can then boost your Lanes.

2. Yes

3. Modifiers apply to Defenders, so they will deal the extra damage to the Attackers.
    Original Designer
    DC Deck-Building Game

Thanks very much, that's a lot of help. I was after more clarification on 1 though please:

This may be a question about playing cards full stop. I was under the impression that with owning say 4 corn landscapes you could only ever have up to 4 points worth of corn creatures (or anything else) in play at any one time. By points i mean top left number.

The numbers are just the required Action cost to play. Once a card is in play, it doesn't count towards any limit. The Landscapes are not "used up" while there are cards in play. There are no limits. You could have a 2-cost Creature on each Landscape, with a 2-cost Building beneath each one.
    Original Designer
    DC Deck-Building Game

Hi Matt,

Two quick ones:

Temple of the Sun
    If I play a creature does it have to be returned immediately or can I floop it and then return it to my hand?

Blue Ogre
    Does his +1 attack stack? e.g. I draw a card at the start of my turn so he gets +1, if I then draw a second card that turn does he now have +2 attack?

Temple: No time to FLOOP it. Just return it.

Blue Ogre: They stack.
    Original Designer
    DC Deck-Building Game

Question. I assume the answer is yes, but just to be sure: can i print out the landscapes from this site and use them in a game?

Yes, feel free to do so. Printed out Landscapes are even "legal" at our events at GenCon and whatnot.
    Original Designer
    DC Deck-Building Game