Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The positive only thread

Determined Zombie

Cool The positive only thread

So much negativity and complaining. While it's a beta issues will crop up. Stop focusing on the negative side and let Cory and his team handle it

Relax they are professionals

This thread is about being positive and posting the great things about Hex.

I'll go first

I can't believe I am part if something that is going to change how TCGs will evolve in the future and I am so excited to be part of the actual development even it it is as a bug finder
    Hex Keep Name: old lost because it had a space Castle Grayskull now PlunDarr

I am constantly impressed with how fast they have cleaned up features. I am certain that they will have this closed beta running smooth soon, because they have given me a lot of confidence in their abilities.

Oh, and I love how clever they can be - things like Replicators Gambit just shows that they can balance fun and inventiveness in a competitive game.
    Xenavire, proud guild leader for The Lions Share.
    http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...erlinsmall.png

Gigantisaur

All Hail Hex - the mortals at CZE are really Gods of Gaming

Got you with the title? Keep reading. ;-)

I am sick of reading all these negative posts here. I know it's the curse of the internet, but it's also a real shame (I am not saying I have not been guilty myself).

Dave Williams (the (co-)designer of the Legends of the Five Rings CCG and a few others) once told me that 90% of feedback CCG designers get on the internet is negative, and only 10% positive.

In my experience in this industry all this bitching hardly ever does anything positive and has a lingering negative effect overall: It consumes work time of the guys supposedly working on the game, often makes them feel bad which drains precious energy, and sometimes even drives off new customers, who are not yet getting the whole picture.

This post is the 10% post. If you want to add something positive, do it. If you don't, find a dark corner to spew your foul thoughts. I've had it.

Now.

I have a 20-year history of gaming and played lots of CCGs. I never played Magic, because at least locally all the jerks were playing Magic. Some of the games I travelled for and played international tournaments.

Job and family caused me to cease this part of my hobby (End of sob story ;-)).

The game of Hex, despite being so similar to Magic (I am told), is the best thing I could imagine. All things yet to come aside, I have a blast.

The card mechanics are great and to the greatest extent work. It's great fun to build decks. I love mechanics like replication (Pack Raptors et al.), being able to get cards from my opponents deck, permanent stat changes to cards I cannot see, a whole set or individual cards.

I love the idea to socket cards. I get inspired by the game (I loved the moment when recently I played a card and it more or less accidentally morphed into The Triumvirate).

I love playing the AI despite the bugs, I love playing against my guild mates who so far are absolutely relaxed in their aproach of the game.

And what I love best: I don't have to clean up. With my collection I can build any deck, and I never in my life will have to sort a card back into a folder or other container.

The game is already a great game for casual play and the things to come are absolutely mind-staggering. Once the first tournaments are fixed, the auction house and the arena are implemented, other games are going to have a hard time competing with Hex. I really look forward to "double-backed" cards, dungeons and raids, may they be as buggy as they want at the start.

Cory Jones has provided an excellent vision, and the team around him has already done something great. The game works. It's wonderful.

Is everything perfect? No way. There will always be bugs - the game is just too complex. I don't care. They will fix them as soon as they can. And they'll get better.

Because they are Gods of Gaming.
    Dungeon Crawler / Collector / Raid Leader

Keep Hibbernathy - Member of The Unnamed Council - the Hex TCG PvE Guild @HexTUC
    Running: TUC Arena of Myth Challenge Can you do a perfect 20-0 run with every single champion? Working on #32

Gigantisaur
    I got into wave one when I was only a scrub collector backer, and I've seen how fast and how cool the community has developed, along with the game.

Tatta's tournaments were a joy, and he' an awesome dude. He didn't have to work so hard to setup anything half so cool as he did and we're lucky he's a part of the community.

Colins a total bro, straight up producer tier awesome.

The cards are cool, the art looks great, and the games only going to get better, and its already so good.

B) Cory Jones is also like the most endearing CEO I've ever had the pleasure of talking to, and seems like he's going to be a very good force for gaming.

I mean, you find so few companies these days with this much heart, and capacity to achieve what they set out to do. Just too cool.

All the guys in game, HEXRex, data dragon, all of em have been awesome and totally charismatic, informative and (from the sound of it) are made of unobtainum.

Don't get me started on the streamers hoy boy.

From the hex decks to the sporadic new comers, and all the old favorites like armies of mordor or mokog...cirous? phoneixforgefire karn,iandor?(I really can't remember correct spelling atm) they're all awesome, and totally great for the community, and let me say really very oberaffengeil!
    Last edited by Zomnivore; 04-30-2014 at 05:26 AM.

I predict this whole "positive" thing will last 3 posts, tops.

Oops.
    --ossuary

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
    - Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well

Seriously though, I really love Cory's passion for the game, and his dedication to it. That more than anything else does wonders to alleviate my naturally-occurring pessimism.
    --ossuary

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
    - Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well

Gigantisaur
    Ooops. I apparently just had the same idea and made a full thread of it (the Gods of Gaming post).

Well, what do they say? Great minds think alike ;-).
    Dungeon Crawler / Collector / Raid Leader

Keep Hibbernathy - Member of The Unnamed Council - the Hex TCG PvE Guild @HexTUC
    Running: TUC Arena of Myth Challenge Can you do a perfect 20-0 run with every single champion? Working on #32

Finally more positivity around!

I have been following closely along hex since the start and i must say, I am really really impressed by Cory and his team..

It is not easy for a company to stick to its "Fans First" commitment and throughout the KS campaign till now, the only feeling I get is one amazement after another.

Well said!!
    I don't even know what happened, one day I was reading normal posts and then the next, when I woke up a full storm was going on...

In my opinion crypto is doing a great job, I can't think of any promises they have not kept yet. Of course the game will be buggy and a lot of unforeseen things will happen, but this is all part of beta and life.

CZE really is a special company. Very few even come close, but I would like to give a special mention to the people at Telltale games, they seem really nice, and give us a similar unique experience.

I for one was very sceptical at the start (I almost never bothered to read all the features from the game. I was thinking 'dTCG - that doesn't seem special'.)

But I watched that video, and the sincerity mixed with humour stopped me from closing that tab. I took the time to give it a good read, and I liked the idea. So I jumped on the forums, with a flurry of questions, and I was quickly swayed by how awesome everyone was.

I went from sceptic to fan in a matter if days, and CZE has impressed me at every turn. I have had my gripes and haven't been shy about voicing them, but the overall experience has been amazing.

I have never been so turned around on a first impression before.
    Xenavire, proud guild leader for The Lions Share.
    http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...erlinsmall.png