Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why the lack of female champions?

Question Why the lack of female champions?

This game looks amazing and I'm really excited to try it out, but I noticed something while looking through the champion list--there are only two women (Lady Elizabeth Stewart and Poca... which both look really manly). There is also a severe lack of cute creature champ cards (Shin'Hare aren't that cute).

This may be subjective, but it's rare to see a complete lack of pretty champions in a game. I'm not asking for every champ to be frilly and cute, but even just one or two with art catered more to the female persuasion would be sufficient. The game is filled with burly dudes, orcs, and dwarves. The only thing that comes even close to filling this need is the Shin'hare.

This may seem like a trivial matter to some, and I'm sure I'll enjoy the game either way, but adding some more styles of art may help diversify the community. I know I'd definitely be happier playing a lovely enchantress or something with more appealing artwork. An example of something I find to be great is Lady Cassandra. Why can't she (or characters like her) be a champion. This is the type of art i'm looking for.

Edit: Also, Heart of Fire and alternate art Princess Victoria are nice.

Last edited by Auralie; 05-04-2014 at 06:40 PM.

I almost feel like I'm walking into a trap even joining this conversation, but I agree with you. I too would like to see some art with .. eh, some more feminine touch. Not just more cutesy stuff (Worker Bot!), but women that are feminine yet still badass. (Ruby Pyro & Enchantress come to mind).
    Last edited by IndigoShade; 05-04-2014 at 06:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IndigoShade View Post
    I almost feel like I'm walking into a trap even joining this conversation.
    That's how I felt about posting this at all, lol. I just felt like I needed to bring up the fact that there IS a demand for this sort of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by IndigoShade View Post
    Ruby Pyro & Enchantress come to mind.
    Yes! Exactly like that! Thanks for the great examples.
    Last edited by Auralie; 05-04-2014 at 07:07 PM.

We don't have to be overly worried about this issue guys... it's natural thing to ask... what's with the sausage fest?

No, seriously though... cool female characters are just as welcomed as any cool Champion. I would love to see more diversity, not just titillation.... but actually cool designs and cool cards too.

What about Monika'shin? The name sounds female!

When one races is only men and one race is difficult to see gender, then yeah, it's not easy to have many females. I also wonder about female dwarves and coyotles. Have we seen any already?
    The Gamepedia Hex Wiki is always looking for more editors.
    Just go to any page you want to edit and press edit! If it's missing then you can add it.
    Check the Help Section to get started!
    (Optionally, you can make an account, but that's not even required!)

Quote Originally Posted by Patrigan View Post
    Yeah, I covered the Shin'hare under "creatures" instead of "female". It may very well be a girl, but it just doesn't have the sort of appeal that I'm after. That's the point I'm trying to get across in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrigan View Post

When one races is only men and one race is difficult to see gender, then yeah, it's not easy to have many females. I also wonder about female dwarves and coyotles. Have we seen any already?
    Dwarves are a male only race also.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbiter View Post
    Dwarves are a male only race also.
    Right forgot about that!

So two male only races and two "creature races". that's 4 races with females. Really lessens the number of expected females.
    The Gamepedia Hex Wiki is always looking for more editors.
    Just go to any page you want to edit and press edit! If it's missing then you can add it.
    Check the Help Section to get started!
    (Optionally, you can make an account, but that's not even required!)

Gigantisaur
    Ah, is this going to deteriorate into another Chainmail Bikini discussion? ;-)

In my experience operating out of the US, companies are very careful about what Americans consider "decent" (Europeans have a different set of sensibilities, as an American friend once explained: For Europeans bare breasts are nothing inherently bad, while bearing arms and killing people with them is, for Americans sometimes it seems to be the other way around).

Looking for a suitable "pin-up girl" for our intra-guild Bette May Double D Cup I found many pictures from a Japanese company (Applibot) who apparently have a Japanese style CCG for mobiles: Legends of the Cryptid.

tuc-bette-may-double-d-cup.jpg

I doubt that we'll find images like theirs in Hex any time soon ;-).

Go to Alex Negrea's deviantArt gallery for some fine examples.
    Last edited by AstaSyneri; 05-05-2014 at 12:53 AM.
    Dungeon Crawler / Collector / Raid Leader

Keep Hibbernathy - Member of The Unnamed Council - the Hex TCG PvE Guild @HexTUC
    Running: TUC Arena of Myth Challenge Can you do a perfect 20-0 run with every single champion? Working on #32

Wait...

Polonius and Nin aren't female? Weird. I was so sure they were this whole time.