Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: Let's speculate: What cards are gonna be heavily demanded?

  1. #1

    Let's speculate: What cards are gonna be heavily demanded?

    My first choice is going to be Chronic Madness.

    This card is just powerful, and IMO is one of the top cards of the set. It's an escalation that ONLY cost 1 resource! I also have NEVER seen this card at all in drafts. Either it's just instantly taken, or this card is simply one of the rarer rares in the set.

    What do you guys think?

  2. #2
    It seems to me that The Angel of Dawn and Vampire King will be the most sought after cards of all of em.

  3. #3
    Ah yea! Both cards have netted me wins in drafts

  4. #4
    Chronic Madness: It certainly will be a staple card for Mill decks. But heavily demanded? I dunno, I think once the AH is up, this will be going cheap - many ppl won't bother with Mill decks and therefore dump this or use it for crafting.
    Hex Name: Kalassar ; Twitter: @Kalassar1



  5. #5
    Master Theorycrafter
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    790
    Quote Originally Posted by ylhos View Post
    My first choice is going to be Chronic Madness.

    This card is just powerful, and IMO is one of the top cards of the set. It's an escalation that ONLY cost 1 resource! I also have NEVER seen this card at all in drafts. Either it's just instantly taken, or this card is simply one of the rarer rares in the set.

    What do you guys think?
    Mill decks can be fun but aren't very competitive (at least from what we've seen so far) so I think this card will be somewhere in the middle in terms of demand. Might be around 100-250 plat each.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by jonsnow2000 View Post
    Chronic Madness: It certainly will be a staple card for Mill decks. But heavily demanded? I dunno, I think once the AH is up, this will be going cheap - many ppl won't bother with Mill decks and therefore dump this or use it for crafting.
    The way I see it, is that chronic madness can be use in other decks, not specifically for mill decks. Taking out 4 cards (+escalation) for the mere price of 1 resource is just crazy. No matter what circumstance you will always get value starting on the first cast. Four cards will on average take out 2 resources and two other cards, that will save you a counterspell, or using a hard removal for.

    On top of that, the card also gives the user a look at the construction of the opponent's deck, which can definitely help the user decide how to play out the game.
    Last edited by ylhos; 05-28-2014 at 06:05 PM.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by ylhos View Post
    The way I see it, is that chronic madness can be use in other decks, not specifically for mill decks. Taking out 4 cards (+escalation) for the mere price of 1 resource is just crazy. No matter what circumstance you will always get value starting on the first cast. Four cards will on average take out 2 resources and two other cards, that will save you a counterspell, or using a hard removal for.
    That's a fallacy. You're using a card from your hand, and not removing any cards from their hand or board. Removing cards from their deck doesn't actually hurt them on average until they run out and lose the game. Of course, it's always possible that you'll mill away a card that they needed, but it's just as likely that the card they needed was 5 cards down, and you've gotten them closer to it. So on balance, it averages out.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Thraeg View Post
    That's a fallacy. You're using a card from your hand, and not removing any cards from their hand or board. Removing cards from their deck doesn't actually hurt them on average until they run out and lose the game. Of course, it's always possible that you'll mill away a card that they needed, but it's just as likely that the card they needed was 5 cards down, and you've gotten them closer to it. So on balance, it averages out.
    Definitely. In a 60-deck construction, milling will generally have near no effect in the outcome of cards coming into their hands or into play. But seeing what cards are going out gives the user enormous insight into the opponents game. Consider a scenario where user casts 2 chronic madness early in the game. User has basically seen close to 25% of the opponents deck. Although this will put user in a 2 deficit card disadvantage. But it's not much of a problem for sapphire with the plenty options for draws.

    I might be just too hot for the card. But if it doesn't get much love in the market. I'll be happier to grab em it at a bargain

  9. #9
    Unless this game blows up with new non kick starter people, cards will far out number people, even the legendary cards. I think the only thing that will be worth anything are rare chest drops, assuming they are really rare.

  10. #10
    Master Theorycrafter
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Liberty Lake, WA
    Posts
    865
    I would say that most anything you want 4 of for a deck are going to have more demand than others. Pack Raptor, Ragefire, Crash of Beasts, the Incantations (maybe) etc.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •