Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deck Sleeve strategy

Gigantisaur

Deck Sleeve strategy

Disclaimer: I know I'm putting way too much thought into this... just curious if anyone else has overthought this as well.

When sleeving your deck... is your personal preference to pick something that fits the theme, or do you intentionally go in a different direction as to not provide intel on your deck.

Most obvious example - Does your Mushwocky deck have a Mushwocky sleeve on it?

I just keep using the king sleeves because the art is so pretty.

I might go thematic later on.
    Xenavire, proud guild leader for The Lions Share.
    http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...erlinsmall.png

Quote Originally Posted by MatWith1T View Post
    When sleeving your deck... is your personal preference to pick something that fits the theme, or do you intentionally go in a different direction as to not provide intel on your deck.
    I don't think I can trust intel based on opponent's sleeve. The first intel always come from opponent's selection of champion. Even if you successfully fooled your opponent with the "sleeve strategy", does it matter enough to influence his early plays?

I'm willing to favor style over strategy when it comes to sleeves.

I usually go with style if I am not playing an overly tricky deck.

In the March HTPCS tournament, I ran a blood-diamond control deck (blood-diamond had yet to top 8 a tournament) and I had the mastery of time sleeves as I figured it was an appropriate theme for what my deck did. In the finals, I played against Heavyhitter/strife playing an Eye of Creation deck with the onslaught sleeves which somewhat mirrored what his deck did. Neither deck contained those cards, but it certainly contained those strategies.

This was highlighted for me as GPrime did the commentary for that finals match and explicitly talked about how he liked how the deck sleeves matched what the decks did an added to the them. They were a reference to an idea without giving out too much information about the decks. Of course, for the top 8, we had decklists so there were no surprises at that point.
    -Zubrin

I never change sleeves. I'm honestly not sure why anyone would. Of course, I also only vaguely notice that the cards have art, so I'm probably weird.

Using Grand King sleeves lets your opponent know you own multiple Extinctions, Pack Raptors, Ragefires, etc. and that they might be in your deck!

Quote Originally Posted by Showsni View Post
    Using Grand King sleeves lets your opponent know you own multiple Extinctions, Pack Raptors, Ragefires, etc. and that they might be in your deck!
    So? Most KS tiers have a few of those cards. You should just always expect everyone to have those AA cards and just win anyway.
    Xenavire, proud guild leader for The Lions Share.
    http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...erlinsmall.png

Master of Gifs
    I use either Mushwocky or Lotus sleeves regardless of deck, they're my favorites currently.