Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So I was at BlizzCon...

So I was at BlizzCon...

...and I decided to wear my Hex t-shirt. I figured if even one person noticed it and knew about the game, it would be pretty cool.

Boy was I right.

Someone did recognize my shirt. His name is Cory Jones.

I had to do a double take when I saw him, because I know what he looks like, but it's different seeing someone in person for the first time. Just like everyone says, he's super nice in person, and very approachable. We talked about Hex for a few minutes before my gamer wife dragged me away so that we wouldn't miss the WoW panel she wanted to see. It was actually our anniversary, and we met playing WoW, so there was no way I was going to get away with making us late to the WoW events

An interesting follow up to my encounter with Cory happened later that day. Someone walked by me and said "Hey, nice shirt." I told him about how I met Cory while wearing it, and he said "Yeah, he's my boss." Turns out I managed to run into Data Dragon as well.

Definitely more than I bargained for when I thought, "Hey, wouldn't it be funny if I wore my Hex shirt to BlizzCon?"

Quote Originally Posted by BlindMan View Post
    ...and I decided to wear my Hex t-shirt. I figured if even one person noticed it and knew about the game, it would be pretty cool.

Boy was I right.

I had to do a double take when I saw him, because I know what he looks like, but it's different seeing someone in person for the first time. Just like everyone says, he's super nice in person, and very approachable. We talked about Hex for a few minutes before my gamer wife dragged me away so that we wouldn't miss the WoW panel she wanted to see. It was actually our anniversary, and we met playing WoW, so there was no way I was going to get away with making us late to the WoW events

An interesting follow up to my encounter with Cory happened later that day. Someone walked by me and said "Hey, nice shirt." I told him about how I met Cory while wearing it, and he said "Yeah, he's my boss." Turns out I managed to run into Data Dragon as well.

Definitely more than I bargained for when I thought, "Hey, wouldn't it be funny if I wore my Hex shirt to BlizzCon?"
    Lots of the HEX folks were around. Cory was using another identity though...
    Hex: Shards of Fate KS || Producer

"The Magi of the Carloth highlands are renowned for their enthusiasm and generosity."
    "Speed is far more important than size when determining the power of a strike."
    "One needs no armor if both your mind and your fist are faster than your enemy's."

Quote Originally Posted by BlindMan View Post

Boy was I right.

Awesome story

Wow that's awesome! Did you enjoy Blizzcon?

I loved BlizzCon. It was my first time going, and I was really hoping that they were going to announce an FPS game, so I was really hyped about Overwatch. I played it and it's awesome.

I also like e-sports, and have played basically all of the Blizzard catalog of games, so I was all over the convention checking out everything. It was a blast.

Veteran Gladiator
    That is super cool!
    IGN: Chauldrel
    IGN: JakeFreedom
    Time Zone: -6 GMT
    youTube
    Twitch TV

Huh!
    I guess I've been wandering around all the wrong places in my Hex shirt.

Gigantisaur
    pretty neat story. i remember judging for them in the WoWtcg days. they are all very friendly people.
    Hextcg Pro Tier

Looks like the cat is out of the bag. Behind the tag of the Hex Shirts is a homing device where HexEnt tracks our movements. Cory thought it was a great way to be more personable with the community as he could meet with them in public when they're worn. Only problem is that HexEnt created such a great game that no one really leaves the house any more.

Looks like you are the first guy to actually be pulled away from the compuer and for good reason. Happy Anniversary ^ ^

Ha, that is pretty cool.

I think if I ran into Cory randomly I would have a hard time believing it was him.