Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Set 3 Release Date/Window?

Set 3 Release Date/Window?

Thrawn mentioned this elsewhere, but I think it needs it's own thread. We were (mostly) patient about Set 2 and it's delay, but HexEnt really needs to release sets on a regular schedule; if Set 3 gets a multi-month delay then I don't think I'll ever trust them to get sets out on time. Regular content is so important to a TCG that we really need to get some momentum going here.

So, when's Set 3 coming? Ideally March/April 2015 depending on if the target is 3 sets/year or 4.
    Watch me on Twitch!

Quote Originally Posted by Rendakor View Post
    Thrawn mentioned this elsewhere, but I think it needs it's own thread. We were (mostly) patient about Set 2 and it's delay, but HexEnt really needs to release sets on a regular schedule; if Set 3 gets a multi-month delay then I don't think I'll ever trust them to get sets out on time. Regular content is so important to a TCG that we really need to get some momentum going here.

So, when's Set 3 coming? Ideally March/April 2015 depending on if the target is 3 sets/year or 4.
    To be fair, you, Thrawn, and the other member of your Trolling Triumvirate have not been "(mostly) patient".

I'm sure it's planned for the timeframe you postulate, but expecting any more confirmation than that and/or a narrower date range is probably not going to happen.
    Hex: Shards of Fate KS || Producer

"The Magi of the Carloth highlands are renowned for their enthusiasm and generosity."
    "Speed is far more important than size when determining the power of a strike."
    "One needs no armor if both your mind and your fist are faster than your enemy's."

3 Sets a year means Set 3 SHOULD be in April. I'm not sure I'd count on that though...

I was mostly joking when I asked about Set 3, but it would be nice to find out if we are going to get on a regular set release schedule now or if we should assume on Set 3 in a year.

Anyone that is still here from the start and playing has been patient for Set 2, to say it's anything but late is just flat out wrong. Always nice to be called a troll though, apparently posts that aren't completely postive breed a toxic community but personal attacks are A OK!
    Last edited by Thrawn; 11-14-2014 at 02:07 PM.
    Soon™
    IGN - Mitthrawnuruodo
    One half of the "Frick and Frack of negativity".

It's kind of like libel, it's all good as long as it's true. =P

On topic though, I'm very hopeful that they got their set three ducks in a row so that it will be ready for release come april. If they didn't I won't be too upset, as long as they continue to streamline their release process so that each release comes closer to on time, and bug free, until we are getting sets like clockwork. I won't be mad if that doesn't fall into place by set 3.
    ----
    http://i.imgur.com/I1MZpF8.png
    HexEnt is too long to type, They're HXE now.
    I am currently trading my unused GK code for a new Tesla Model S P85D
    Feel free to contact me for where you can have it shipped.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn View Post
    I was mostly joking when I asked about Set 3, but it would be nice to find out if we are going to get on a regular set release schedule now or if we should assume on Set 3 in a year.

Anyone that is still here from the start and playing has been patient for Set 2, to say it's anything but late is just flat out wrong. Always nice to be called a troll though, apparently posts that aren't completely postive breed a toxic community but personal attacks are A OK!
    A harmless joke. I wouldn't get too defensive about it.

Notably though, as soon as you posted your "when is Set 3" comment in the other thread, I immediately thought "how long before one of his 2 buddies" posts something to back him up (which happens very frequently). Didn't take long in this case.
    Hex: Shards of Fate KS || Producer

"The Magi of the Carloth highlands are renowned for their enthusiasm and generosity."
    "Speed is far more important than size when determining the power of a strike."
    "One needs no armor if both your mind and your fist are faster than your enemy's."

Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn View Post

Dude, chill - Colin does have a point. A lot of people have been asking about set 2 (going as far as 'bitching about it'). You have been one of the most noticeable and vocal of the people asking - but you are absolutely correct that set 2 is long overdue.

Theres just this thing, you know - where other people didn't complain as much. It's not some personal attack, its a statement of fact. I would estimate that you have made at least 1 post every 2 weeks since beta started, about set 2 (averaged out.) Thats a lot, really.

At least this will all be behind us soon enough.
    Xenavire, proud guild leader for The Lions Share.
    http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...erlinsmall.png

Didn't CZE say that the first 4 sets will be 2 sets a year and the 3 sets a year rotation would start with set 5?
    If that is still the case that would be set 1 and 2 for 2014 and set 3 and 4 for 2015.
    So my guess: set 3 June - July 2015, set 4 November-December 2015

Quote Originally Posted by hex_colin View Post
    I wouldn't get too defensive about it.
    I normally wouldn't care, the only reason it bothers me is that if I were to post and call you a troll, even as a joke, I'd be getting a ban warning from a moderator after the post was deleted.

I'm excited Set 2 is here, I'm really looking forward to playing it and hoping it's as amazing a set as Set 1 was. But it is really late and I am curious what the road map for Set 3 holds is all.
    Soon™
    IGN - Mitthrawnuruodo
    One half of the "Frick and Frack of negativity".

I don't remember them saying that, just that set 1 and 2 will be a single block, and set 3 and 4 will be a single block, followed by 3 set blocks. It's possible I just missed it, though.
    ----
    http://i.imgur.com/I1MZpF8.png
    HexEnt is too long to type, They're HXE now.
    I am currently trading my unused GK code for a new Tesla Model S P85D
    Feel free to contact me for where you can have it shipped.