Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Set 2 Sealed Format?

Set 2 Sealed Format?

Will it be played with all Set 2? Half and half? 112222?

(Insert random doom and gloom to maintain my Elite Troll status)
    Watch me on Twitch!

2,2,2,2,1,1 for standard set 2 sealed after release celebration.

the release celebration sealed will be: 2,2,2,2,2,2

4/2 seems strange. Why not 3/3?

Making a sealed deck with only two set 1 packs could be extremely luck dependent.

I assume if three sets are out it would be 2/2/2 so I see no reason to favor one set over another.

Draft has to favor a set ifthere are only two because you have only 3 packs. Sealed can and should be divided evenly.

You may actually be right, Vorpal. I think interest is going to be driven by set 2, not set 1. If they want to round out the block, they can with the release of set 3.

Quote Originally Posted by nicosharp View Post
    2,2,2,2,1,1 for standard set 2 sealed after release celebration.
    Source? Or is this just speculation?
    Watch me on Twitch!

I don't have a link, but I thought this was mentioned. I could be wrong. I read a lot of stuff.

Gigantisaur
    Has there been any word on what the payout structure will be, sealed or draft? (or constructed?)
    I assume most people cruising the forums are way more interested in winning Set 2 packs, but newer players are still gonna need core Set 1 card to build a deck

Quote Originally Posted by MatWith1T View Post
    Has there been any word on what the payout structure will be, sealed or draft? (or constructed?)
    I assume most people cruising the forums are way more interested in winning Set 2 packs, but newer players are still gonna need core Set 1 card to build a deck
    They can exchange the set 2 packs for set 1 packs, though. As set 2 packs will be worth more than set 1 packs getting all set 2 packs is a better deal even for new players.

We've got another thread for payouts somewhere, let's not derail this one with that please.
    Watch me on Twitch!

Quote Originally Posted by Vorpal View Post
    They can exchange the set 2 packs for set 1 packs, though. As set 2 packs will be worth more than set 1 packs getting all set 2 packs is a better deal even for new players.
    If no Set 1 packs are generated by tournaments, then the price for Set 1 packs will rise and eventually be more than Set 2 packs. Also, generating only Set 2 packs means more entering the economy and the prices of all Set 2 related things being lower than they would be with a split payout.