Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Set 2 Sealed Format?

  1. #1

    Set 2 Sealed Format?

    Will it be played with all Set 2? Half and half? 112222?

    (Insert random doom and gloom to maintain my Elite Troll status)
    Watch me on Twitch!

  2. #2
    2,2,2,2,1,1 for standard set 2 sealed after release celebration.

    the release celebration sealed will be: 2,2,2,2,2,2

  3. #3
    4/2 seems strange. Why not 3/3?

    Making a sealed deck with only two set 1 packs could be extremely luck dependent.

    I assume if three sets are out it would be 2/2/2 so I see no reason to favor one set over another.

    Draft has to favor a set ifthere are only two because you have only 3 packs. Sealed can and should be divided evenly.

  4. #4
    You may actually be right, Vorpal. I think interest is going to be driven by set 2, not set 1. If they want to round out the block, they can with the release of set 3.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by nicosharp View Post
    2,2,2,2,1,1 for standard set 2 sealed after release celebration.
    Source? Or is this just speculation?
    Watch me on Twitch!

  6. #6
    I don't have a link, but I thought this was mentioned. I could be wrong. I read a lot of stuff.

  7. #7
    Gigantisaur
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    1,038
    Has there been any word on what the payout structure will be, sealed or draft? (or constructed?)
    I assume most people cruising the forums are way more interested in winning Set 2 packs, but newer players are still gonna need core Set 1 card to build a deck

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by MatWith1T View Post
    Has there been any word on what the payout structure will be, sealed or draft? (or constructed?)
    I assume most people cruising the forums are way more interested in winning Set 2 packs, but newer players are still gonna need core Set 1 card to build a deck
    They can exchange the set 2 packs for set 1 packs, though. As set 2 packs will be worth more than set 1 packs getting all set 2 packs is a better deal even for new players.

  9. #9
    We've got another thread for payouts somewhere, let's not derail this one with that please.
    Watch me on Twitch!

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorpal View Post
    They can exchange the set 2 packs for set 1 packs, though. As set 2 packs will be worth more than set 1 packs getting all set 2 packs is a better deal even for new players.
    If no Set 1 packs are generated by tournaments, then the price for Set 1 packs will rise and eventually be more than Set 2 packs. Also, generating only Set 2 packs means more entering the economy and the prices of all Set 2 related things being lower than they would be with a split payout.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •