Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This Community

This Community

I have been playing Hex since just after GenCon. While I've been here there have been a LOT of people who have been very helpful and offered some fantastic advice on how to play and compete in this game, offered good trades and discounts on the account of my being a lower income player, and also just had great banter and conversations with outside of Hex. I've made a few friends, gotten involved in the trade community by keeping up on a Good Traders thread in the Auction House and Trading Forum, and really enjoyed my time on Hex. And today I got a very special treat.

I was looking to sell off some cards so I could play in a draft tournament today when Judgenaut messaged me. He was disappointed he missed the chance to sell me some packs. But when I told him I was still trying to sell some junk rares, he said "Alright! Sell me some junk!". I began an arduous process of removing my sales from the Auction House and compiling a list. He wanted it ALL. He made me a great offer for all my junk, so I decided to throw in a couple more expensive rares to sweeten the deal and I said, "Maybe you'll be able to turn some of these cards around and we both profit". His reply is what really got to me, like, in the feels a little. He said "I'm not flipping anything, this is so I can give some rares away to new players and contribute to the community and also so I can help you out, good luck in your draft". I couldn't believe it. Judgenaut, you and many others like you are the reason I believe Hex with thrive and have a great community of friends and players. Thank you.
    Hex: NineClouds

I assume calling people out in a POSITIVE way is allowed?

Good story man. Love me a feel good Hex story <3

Great story, I agree we have a great community in this game. It is not perfect, but out of all the games I have played online this is by far the best I have been in :-)
    Last edited by sukebe; 11-23-2014 at 05:03 PM.

Such a great post, it's nice to see the veteran players helping out the newer players

Gigantisaur
    Quote Originally Posted by Xexist View Post
    I assume calling people out in a POSITIVE way is allowed?
    there's a difference in scenarios. when you call someone out, you are looking to cause negative aggression toward a person or person's. this is more of a shout out. in a manner of saying thank you with no negative intentions.
    Hextcg Pro Tier

Quote Originally Posted by Littlejon24 View Post
    there's a difference in scenarios. when you call someone out, you are looking to cause negative aggression toward a person or person's. this is more of a shout out. in a manner of saying thank you with no negative intentions.
    Yes I am capable of basic reasoning thank you for confirming.

Gigantisaur
    B)

Hex is full of wonderful people.

I have a story myself.
    I was in this draft and first round was against Technophi.
    The score was 1-1 and we'e in the third game, the battle shifting between 2 sides, as soon as someone starts to gain advantage, the other is answeing with a nice topdeck.
    We were both down to a handful of life points and the battle would end one way or another, soon. Not going to debate whom had the upper hand at that moment.
    Then bam! I got disconnected. I was gutted, we were both enjoying the game so much! I tried to log back in as soon as I could. logged out from the options, then closed the client, and opened it again and tried to log back in, and I could not. Each time I faced an annoying "Duplicate Login" error. I tried for a good 5 minutes to log back in, re-launching the client over and over. Eventually after a good while the client gave in and let me log back in, to find out that I've missed my 5 minute timer by seconds, and it gave the game to my opponent. He was upset about that too, as we were both enjoying a really good Draft match.
    Anyways, as that put me out of the mood, I logged out. The next time I logged back in, was the day after. Saw 2 mails in my inbox, one that told me I got some prizes from the draft (5000 gold and the cards I've drafted) and the other was from my opponent, Technophi. He sent me 2 packs, and he said that he managed to win that draft tournament, and he was sorry for the disconnect (Definitely wasn't his fault) and it was a good game and a shame that it couldn't be concluded.
    I have to give a huge shoutout to such people in our community that makes this game more than just an online game! The community is awesome, and each and every player helps making it that way!

Right in the feels guys! Great stories!

Hex Price - For all your price information!

Hex Rock League - Join the free to play Hex Rock League now!