Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: arena?

arena?

So now thats its dec are we going to see arena come out soon.Or is it going to be pushed ?
    Any one have any updated info on arena plz post what u know.If any mods could give any info on where it stands that would be great some kind of update on it.
    Been waiting as mush as i can doing other stuff lol but dame it i want to play arena lol hope it comes out soon XD

Due to the recently identified bugs and the delay of set 2, Phenteo mentioned this could delay the initially December scheduled Arena. January seems like a good bet if there are no further delays for set 2.

Gigantisaur
    Yeah I think Jan at the earliest unfortunately, although I'd love to be proved wrong

I would also like a updated release date on the pve content called arena , it feels a bit wrong to tell all the free to play people they should wait till december an it is december.

High Tomb Lord
    Well they can't contemplate major bugs popping up.. I hope its very early Jan or Dec if were lucky it might be out by christmas
    Quote Originally Posted by NOBLERooster
    Ozawa You Lore Hound!
    IGN: OzawaWanderer

http://i.imgur.com/fro8laQ.png

Considering how slow the development team is, it would probably will take them till March or some crap.

Seriously, do these guys have like 0 coding experience? I've seen teams smaller do the same in half the time. Hell I've seen some dude doing it as a hobby design ygopro/devpro and code a new set of cards in like a week.

Quote Originally Posted by MajinRaiko View Post
    I've seen teams smaller do the same in half the time. Hell I've seen some dude doing it as a hobby design ygopro/devpro and code a new set of cards in like a week.
    Was it also an online game with tons of players on a dedicated server where they had to account for network issues? Did they create new mechanics or just use ones from another game? Did they have transform, revert, and permanent stats? Do they also code an AI and working on a PVE experience along side the PVP one? Do they need to worry about 128 man tournaments? Do they need to worry about an economy? Are they doing legal battles with Hasbro? Are they working on equipment for champions? Do they have a ton of unique mechanics, any one of which can unicornpoop up the rest of the cards in the set? Are they implementing double backs that track all the stats of each individual card? Does their game fully run the mechanics, or are the players expected to do some of the work(like cockatrice)? Did that new set introduce any new mechanics or features, or just use ones already in the game? Did they make the game from the ground up or just modify someone else's code?
    quote block because for somereason line breaks aren't working...
    Not only is this the first game this company is making, a lot of the features in it are actually quite demanding from a coding perspective. Just because you've seen something similar, doesn't mean it's the same thing. Unless you work in a tech field, it can be hard to understand how somethings that seem simple are actually really complicated. Working on a website, for example, sometimes it can take hours to get a certain part of the site to align correctly with the other elements on the page, while changing the entire layout to work around that part may only take a few minutes. http://xkcd.com/1425/ I was working on a small game project earlier this year, it took me all of 30 minutes to get my enemies moving around and attacking the player, but it took me 3 days to figure out a bug with one of my player spells that caused it to expand forever and not fade out when it was supposed to.
    Last edited by Viziroth; 12-01-2014 at 08:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Viziroth View Post
    Was it also an online game with tons of players on a dedicated server where they had to account for network issues? Did they create new mechanics or just use ones from another game? Did they have transform, revert, and permanent stats? Do they also code an AI and working on a PVE experience along side the PVP one? Do they need to worry about 128 man tournaments? Do they need to worry about an economy? Are they doing legal battles with Hasbro? Are they working on equipment for champions? Do they have a ton of unique mechanics, any one of which can unicornpoop up the rest of the cards in the set? Are they implementing double backs that track all the stats of each individual card? Does their game fully run the mechanics, or are the players expected to do some of the work(like cockatrice)? Did that new set introduce any new mechanics or features, or just use ones already in the game? Did they make the game from the ground up or just modify someone else's code? Not only is this the first game this company is making, a lot of the features in it are actually quite demanding from a coding perspective. Just because you've seen something similar, doesn't mean it's the same thing. Unless you work in a tech field, it can be hard to understand how somethings that seem simple are actually really complicated. Working on a website, for example, sometimes it can take hours to get a certain part of the site to align correctly with the other elements on the page, while changing the entire layout to work around that part may only take a few minutes. http://xkcd.com/1425/ I was working on a small game project earlier this year, it took me all of 30 minutes to get my enemies moving around and attacking the player, but it took me 3 days to figure out a bug with one of my player spells that caused it to expand forever and not fade out when it was supposed to.

Yes. Yes it was. And yes they did.

The only reason I'm still willing to give the devs a chance for Hex is that now that they've got set 1 (and I guess set 2 finally out of the way), then maybe from now on they can reuse code from other cards and modify them slightly in order to make them work with new cards. But even taking that into consideration, it is still unbelievably slow. I might have to come back in another year to see if they've done anything.