Thread: Single Player Campaign

Single Player Campaign

So I bought into the kickstarter solely based on the MMO/campaign aspect of this game. More than a year, and a second expansion later, and I have heard nothing about the development of that aspect. Is that ever going to happen? If I wanted to play "PVP" I would have stuck with Magic. I was interested in the thing that Magic will never offer, but it seems like no one is working on it. I can't be the only one who feels this way....

Arena scheduled for late december, but probably is getting pushed back into january. That's the best community guesstimate at the time. The arena is the first bit of the single player PVE side. It's not exactly a dungeon, so it's not everything that PVE is supposed to be, but it should hopefully be a good stepping stone.
    ----
    http://i.imgur.com/I1MZpF8.png
    HexEnt is too long to type, They're HXE now.
    I am currently trading my unused GK code for a new Tesla Model S P85D
    Feel free to contact me for where you can have it shipped.

I hope they spend some time in the very near future spoiling and sharing some of the PvE development with the fans. There has been nothing but speculation shrouded by rumors. Some hard eye candy wouldn't hurt to quell the blood-thirsty mob.

In case you missed them, here's a few quick links concerning PvE updates:

Mercenaries - https://hextcg.com/mercenary-for-hire/
    Arena Part 1 - http://hextcg.com/enter-the-arena/
    Arena Part 2 - https://hextcg.com/hex-update-stay-frosty/

Also in case you haven't seen it, Cirouss had an amazing interview with Cory at this year's Gamescom that talks all about the PVE aspect of the game. If you haven't seen it and want to get a taste for how PVE is going to work, it's well worth your time.

--ossuary

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
    - Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well

Sensei of the Wounded Petal
    Quote Originally Posted by ossuary View Post
    Also in case you haven't seen it, Cirouss had an amazing interview with Cory at this year's Gamescom that talks all about the PVE aspect of the game. If you haven't seen it and want to get a taste for how PVE is going to work, it's well worth your time.
    I hadn't seen that video yet. Nice to see some new things PVE I handn't seen yet.

Drawback: It made the wait for PVE content even harder to endure.

Master Theorycrafter
    I was about to post that video when I was reading the initial posts of the thread, glad Ossuary beat me too it (by a day). We've definitely had a lack of PvE information, and I've stated many times I backed for as much as I did largely to support the PvE aspect of the game, so things have definitely been trying at times, seeing so much of the PvP side get implemented while we've yet to have even 1 mini dungeon on the PvE side, but that video gave us a ton of information and gave people like myself renewed hope that the PvE will be everything we backed this game with the hope it would be, and possibly much more. I'm not super excited by "the arena", I'd much rather have, say, that dungeon from the video, or better yet, something specifically involving shin'hare, but if this is the only pve content we have for a while, a re-playable arena may ultimately be the best option. I've still got plenty of wheels to spin, so just a consistent non-real world money tied source of gold, would be much appreciated, but I'm a sucker for story and the lore of Hex looks to be something I can really sink my teeth into.

But yeah, no idea when we'll actually get arena or any PvE content, but arena is supposed to be not THAT far off, and what little they have shown us on PvE gives me every reason to believe that PvE will be well worth the wait.