Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Swiss Draft lack of popularity

Swiss Draft lack of popularity

Can something be done to increase the rate of fire for the Swiss draft? The wait time for it is usually fairly excessive. I usually end up having to play the competitive draft which is way over my head. Once I'm out of draft tickets, I just don't see myself drafting ever if that's all I get to choose from. Sweeten the pot a little, or maybe have them at scheduled times where people can reliably find one, rather than sitting for an hour or two waiting.

At the very least, we need an alarm or audio notification when the event begins. That way we can queue up, tab out, and go on with our lives until it goes off. At present, it's too easy to miss the event start.
    PvE Hex - At long last!

I can't say that your experience reflects my own.

I've gotten into Swiss draft within 5 minutes of queueing the last several times that I've tried. Also, there is an audio notification when the draft starts. It could probably be louder, but you can change the relative volume with your system settings. I also recommend playing in windowed mode.
    IGN: Magic

Member of The Unnamed Council- the Hex TCG PvE Guild

A alarm for draft pops would be nice. I will sometime play a swiss match when i just want to have fun and not feel pressured. Sometimes they may take about 30 min to a hour before they pop (if they pop at all).

No comment on swiss, never play it if I have a choice.
    But as far as a sound notification for tournaments? yes please. It needs to be RIDICULOUSLY obvious. like hearthstone. I.E.:
    Music plays while in the Queue. Cue comes up, Music stops. Loud Sound plays (like a gong or something). Then there need to be a 10-30 second countdown with loud beeps that draft is about to start. Then new music should play (draft music .

Heck, there should be a Hex app for your phone that notifies you via text that your draft is about to start.

I think it's mainly s reward vs time commitment thing. I personally prefer comp draft as if I don't do well at least I'm done early and if I'm winning I'm getting good prizes.

High Tomb Lord
    Quote Originally Posted by vickrpg View Post
    No comment on swiss, never play it if I have a choice.
    But as far as a sound notification for tournaments? yes please. It needs to be RIDICULOUSLY obvious. like hearthstone. I.E.:
    Music plays while in the Queue. Cue comes up, Music stops. Loud Sound plays (like a gong or something). Then there need to be a 10-30 second countdown with loud beeps that draft is about to start. Then new music should play (draft music .

Heck, there should be a Hex app for your phone that notifies you via text that your draft is about to start.
    sounds great, i'm down!
    -----------------------------------------
    Grand King + Pro Player + Collector + King

Quote Originally Posted by Scammanator View Post
    I can't say that your experience reflects my own.

I've gotten into Swiss draft within 5 minutes of queueing the last several times that I've tried. Also, there is an audio notification when the draft starts. It could probably be louder, but you can change the relative volume with your system settings. I also recommend playing in windowed mode.

I don't know when you're playing, but the last few swiss drafts I've joined took at LEAST 45 minutes to fire. It's really annoying. If you're playing any time other than weekend, you'll be waiting for quite some time unless you're extremely lucky. I work on the weekend, so I have to draft on week days or not at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukezors View Post
    I think it's mainly s reward vs time commitment thing. I personally prefer comp draft as if I don't do well at least I'm done early and if I'm winning I'm getting good prizes.
    This. Even if the payouts were identical I would never play swiss. Experienced players tend to be better players, and better players tend to prefer the competitive payout. Those players got their experience by playing a lot.... So swiss is always going to fire slower due to target audience.

I used to to do Swiss and would probably profit more if I did but the time sink is just to much for the reward of 2 or 3 wins.

I used to only play swiss, but the set 1 pack for two wins makes it no longer attractive to play. I don't think there's anything to be done to fix that issue except wait for when set 3 comes and it goes back to 3-3-3.