Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arena too Easy?

Arena too Easy?

I'm not sure whether this is intended or I just got lucky on my first arena run, but I ended up going 19-1 in the arena using only Set 1 cards, no equipment, 1 rare (Gorefeast) and 2 Legendaries Zoltog. Hopefully it ends up being more challenging.Arena Bug 1.jpg

The only real loss was in Tier 2. The other 2 it counted them as being a loss even though I actually won.

Im sure it will be more challenging with an Advanced AI, i seen the AI cast stormcall last night on to an open board, then i seen MFM cast extinction onto an open board, so maybe the AI is smart after all lol

A good number of champions are still unable to use their charge powers. The equipment that most of the champions are using are not working at the moment. And like poizonous said, the AI in the current build will be upgraded before we see the release of Arena. I do expect it to be more difficult when these issues are patched up and we're running it for real for the first time.

With that said, I would have no issue with good players being able to clear the Arena with an inexpensive deck, with a bit of luck. It's the first batch of PVE and I feel like player enjoyment should be the priority. There's a lot of equipment and PVE that people will want to collect, and if you can only do that with tier 1 and 2 constructed decks, the experience may wear thin.

The Transcended
    All PvE content should have standardized hard modes. Then the normal can be kept at the not-too-hard level and still have the high end. See prior thread on the topic:

http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=27026

Quote Originally Posted by Yoss View Post
    All PvE content should have standardized hard modes. Then the normal can be kept at the not-too-hard level and still have the high end. See prior thread on the topic:

http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=27026
    Supposedly there is already an easy and Hard mode, per Cory's first explanation of the content. However, from the current version, it looks like easy mode = tier 1, and hard mode ='s tiers 2-4. If tier 1 is suppose to be the easy mode, I think that is fair and easy enough for all players. It's easy to run through it with a starter deck.

aye, I think once everything is patched in correctly it will be harder. Most AI cant use their abilities or aren't using them correctly

Just to echo the above, I think the difficulty of the opponents is where it should be for introductory PvE content. I know many people who've only done a draft or two that I think will find the content appropriately challenging. It's the AI that needs to improve over the next x weeks between now and launch. If the AI can play their deck correctly, even if they might not be the best at reacting to everything the player does, it will be a huge improvement. It's also nice that they have a diverse array of strategies among the opposing decks, so that if there is an AI that is doing things unusually compared to the others they may be better able to isolate the problem. It's also a good foundation for future dungeons, which will probably be more "thematically focused" on one or two overarching strategies... like Kraken Tentacles

AI is laughably bad (the AI is still very basic, too my understanding very little time has been put into the AI that we have currently, you can safely expect massive improvements down the road)

Some charge powers don't work - Some champions just have non functioning charge powers that make them super easy.

Very little equipment - Difficulty can and will be adjusted by giving more equipment to cards in the chamion's deck.

Finally the ai is really bad right now, yes this deserves being mentioned twice

High Tomb Lord
    I'm having hard enough time fighting some ais as it is! I really not good at this game ai as smart or er then a person... I'll never get anywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by NOBLERooster
    Ozawa You Lore Hound!
    IGN: OzawaWanderer

http://i.imgur.com/fro8laQ.png

Quote Originally Posted by WolfCrypt View Post
    I'm having hard enough time fighting some ais as it is! I really not good at this game ai as smart or er then a person... I'll never get anywhere.
    there will be multiple difficulty levels for precisely this reason. Fear not.