Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    So all the people that was patiently awaiting word on weither or not it was okay to quit the 1st tournament, the SCHEDULED tournament is getting less rewards/compensation than the ppl that quit it / logged in later and stumbled over the 2nd and or 3rd Tournaments?

I am all for testing, and love this game more than any other TCG... but this is just plain wrong.

I logged into the test server, and was in chat for like 2hours, patiently(at first) waiting word on what to do.. Ingame name Suiko, I bugged Roostasaur enuff that he prob remember me... I didnt want to leave the 1st tournament as we'd been told you were getting valuable data from us being in it.. And this is how we are rewarded? the ppl that quit it / logged in later get more rewards? *sigh*

That is just plain wrong.

I've said my peace about it... but I am seriously dissapointed.
    Squire backer - why not more? cuz I am broke! :P

seems like it would be nice to give the people that tryed to play the sealed but weren't able to get in to the later ones a sealed ticket or something extra that the people that did get in or were lucky and happened to see the secret one in time don't get so they have a chance to earn rewards also
    ----
    the raptor king

Quote Originally Posted by Cecil578 View Post
    So all the people that was patiently awaiting word on weither or not it was okay to quit the 1st tournament, the SCHEDULED tournament is getting less rewards/compensation than the ppl that quit it / logged in later and stumbled over the 2nd and or 3rd Tournaments?
    To be clear, this is not compensation. People who just sat and waiting only had to log in and sit there. Some were more enterprising and paid attention to what was going on ended up being there a lot longer as they played in a tournament. Therefore there is a greater reward in that. We promised that anyone competing in the tournaments would get rewards based on how many wins they received. We went ahead and included that everyone who was stuck in a tournament or tried logging in be included in the rewards for testing. This is very generous as we're giving these rewards to over 1,500 players.

I do understand your point of view, that you seem to be getting less, but situations happen and there would be no fair outcome in this scenario. Those who actively paid attention and had to play longer would complain that players who didn't do anything except try to log in or just sit there are getting as much as they are. We are trying to do right by the players and we feel this is more than just saying, "Hey, thanks for testing!"

Quote Originally Posted by taveren View Post
    the secret one
    There was no secret tournament. Secret tournament implies we either knowingly were going to launch said tournaments or we only told some people with the intention that only they could attend. These were unannounced tournaments that we HAD to run due to the issues that were caused with the original tournament coupled with the fact that we would have similar issues we we had too large of attendance and that the in-game broadcast system wasn't working.
    Last edited by Phenteo; 02-17-2015 at 06:09 PM.
    -Phenteo, Former Community Manager and Egg Giver
    Twitter: @CM_Phenteo | @HEXTCG

"It's polite to say thank you when someone gives you a gift, human." -Phenteo

what was there to pay attention to. the tournament showed up and fired without an announcement and chat was disabled on the test server so no way for the word to get out and people who were staying in the first tournament had no way of knowing short of logging on to the main server at the same time. i'm not trying be be mean or anything just pointing it out. i've been in every test you guys have done so far and it seems people get free stuff because of luck while others who are also trying to help test get little to nothing.
    sadly i've always been on the unlucky side of things not that it will stop me from helped test in the future or loving this game so far
    Last edited by taveren; 02-17-2015 at 06:17 PM.
    ----
    the raptor king

Constructed Queue is 1 free booster pack for 0 wins anyway, so I'm fine with that. I'll probably just join one and leave right after it fires.

Quote Originally Posted by Phenteo View Post
    People who just sat and waiting only had to log in and sit there. Some were more enterprising and paid attention to what was going on ended up being there a lot longer as they played in a tournament. Therefore there is a greater reward in that.
    Edit :The lack of communication while sitting in the first tournament was an issue though. Those of us stuck there had no way of knowing there were more tournaments fired off. People are just annoyed that if they had known, they would have been able to play in the 2nd or 3rd tournament for a chance at more packs. It's not like people that just sat there in the first tournament *wanted* to just sit there and do nothing.
    Last edited by Cephied; 02-17-2015 at 06:30 PM.

Rewards have been inserted into your accounts on the live server! DataDragon just confirmed that the script went through.

Did people who dropped out not get counted for rewards? That's fine if so, but what was delivered to me isn't what was conveyed with the prize message if things were supposed to stack. Not trying to game the system or anything, I didn't expect anything more than 1 constructed ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by katkillad View Post
    Did people who dropped out not get counted for rewards? That's fine if so, but what was delivered to me isn't what was conveyed with the prize message if things were supposed to stack. Not trying to game the system or anything, I didn't expect anything more than 1 constructed ticket.
    If you logged in, tried logging in, or got into the first large tournament, you should have received 1 constructed ticket and 1 booster pack. If not, please send me a PM so I can look into it. Thanks!

I was in the 130-odd person tourney, had a 2-2 record (things got a little odd with the server towards the end, but that's what was reported in the message when the tourney officially ended, at rank 41/13x), but ended up with the rewards for 0 wins (1 pack and 1 ticket). That's all well and good if there's no way to verify any discrepancies, since the rewards were distributed via script, but figured you'd want to know in case there aren't just a couple isolated cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Phenteo View Post
    Rewards have been inserted into your accounts on the live server! DataDragon just confirmed that the script went through.
    Who do we contact if it hasn't? I see partial for the 447man tourney that failed, but the 4-0 rewards for the second 110man never hit my account.