Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Other Four Starter Decks

High Tomb Lord

The Other Four Starter Decks

So soon we'll have Coyotle Nercotic Elven and Venishian starter decks and new players can pick any of the eight decks I'm kinda bummed I logged in before they released these cuz I'd rather have a Nercotic deck or maybe Coyotle but alas I have to buy them. So what do you think each deck will focus on? I seem to be getting the vibe that Coyotle will involve spiritualism in the shape of card art and effects, what with their ancestral spirits coming to fight for them and abusing their fortune telling powers. The other decks I've not seen enough cards to make a judgement.

I don't really know how I'll get a starter deck maybe I'll just sell stuff for plat till I have 3k as out of my fave races only Shin'hare are playable till Myth is released. I also hope new champions will be released.
    Quote Originally Posted by NOBLERooster
    Ozawa You Lore Hound!
    IGN: OzawaWanderer

http://i.imgur.com/fro8laQ.png

new starter decks? I havent heard anything about that.

Also if you are not in a rush, you can just buy the cards from a starter deck from the AH, make the deck in the deckbuilder and do the starter trials that way. Usually much cheaper than the 1000 platinum per deck.

It's very unlikely that these new starters will be available for free with the initial signup. It would devalue whatever rare cards are in them immensely for no good reason. The Set 1 starters are a good enough introduction to the game. In fact I hope that once Set 3 and the new starters are live, they greatly reduce the price on the Set 1 starters, or even make them entirely free. That would make for a much better experience for new players.
    Hex Name: Kalassar ; Twitter: @Kalassar1

Quote Originally Posted by jonsnow2000 View Post
    It's very unlikely that these new starters will be available for free with the initial signup. It would devalue whatever rare cards are in them immensely for no good reason. The Set 1 starters are a good enough introduction to the game. In fact I hope that once Set 3 and the new starters are live, they greatly reduce the price on the Set 1 starters, or even make them entirely free. That would make for a much better experience for new players.
    Well lets look at starter decks from other games, the rares inside of them are usually always the cheap ones.

And now for the more convincing reason why they will be available for free... What happens when Set 5 rolls out and Set 1 and 2 arent standard tournament legal anymore, are new players supposed to only be able to get those starter decks that arent legal?

High Tomb Lord
    Quote Originally Posted by Salverus View Post
    new starter decks? I havent heard anything about that.

Also if you are not in a rush, you can just buy the cards from a starter deck from the AH, make the deck in the deckbuilder and do the starter trials that way. Usually much cheaper than the 1000 platinum per deck.
    Um I already joined so naturally I did the trails. Anyway Set 3 will most likely have decks for the other four races. Set 1 had Shin'hare Dwarves Humans and Orcs this set will have Elves Coyotles Nercotics and Vennan as the focus. Besides most people are pretty sure the other four races will have decks in his set and no Hex employee said otherwise.
    Ozawa You Lore Hound!

Quote Originally Posted by jonsnow2000 View Post
    From what ive heard on RPC, the new starters will be available on signup. They will also be in the shop for a price similar to the Set 1 starters (which wont be made cheaper).
    Last edited by Assassine; 05-25-2015 at 05:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WolfCrypt View Post
    So soon we'll have Coyotle Nercotic Elven and Venishian starter decks...
    Venishian!? Tell me Hunam, what is a Venishian?

High Tomb Lord
    Quote Originally Posted by RCDv57 View Post
    Venishian!? Tell me Hunam, what is a Venishian?
    I figured the Elven version for Vennan be Venishian..?
    Ozawa You Lore Hound!

I really hope there are new starters, haven't heard anything about it one way or the other yet. If there are I hope it is possible to complete the trials just by owning the cards in the starter. I also hope they lower the price on them or increase the value by including some extras(i.e. sleeves or a booster?)

There are new starters. Pretty sure I can comfortably say that.
    Hex: Shards of Fate KS || Producer

"The Magi of the Carloth highlands are renowned for their enthusiasm and generosity."
    "Speed is far more important than size when determining the power of a strike."
    "One needs no armor if both your mind and your fist are faster than your enemy's."