Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stress Test Tournament Rankings 6/20/2015

Stress Test Tournament Rankings 6/20/2015

Hey HEXers!

We wanted to take a moment to thank everyone who participated in our Stress Test tournament over the weekend. This tournament was definitely a long one and we admire all the patience and perseverance that we saw. Thanks to your participation, the engineering team gathered a lot of great data which will definitely help for the launch of Armies of Myth and bring us closer to launching no-player-cap tournaments! We know these tests can be frustrating at times, but they are extremely beneficial for the development and launches of new content. This test went was very successful as large-scale tournaments have come to the point where they can conclude— a momentous occasion. Even though the servers were shut down during the Top 2 finals (this was a staff communication accident, not a software failure), we are very happy with the progression of the tournament. We do know many players experienced issues either due to bugs or load balancing from the test server (the test server has significantly lower specs than the live servers) but everyone pushed through to help the team test and many new bugs were found.

With that out of the way, we can move on to the prizes! As a token of our gratitude EVERYONE who participated in the tournament on the Test Server will receive an Armies of Myth booster pack when the set launches. And, if you're interested, we listed the top 256 players from the tournament with their prizes. You can see the rankings here. The prizing payout in the rankings table has been changed to factor in the participation prize. Prizes will be inserted into accounts after the launch of Armies of Myth!

Once again, thank you very much from everyone here at HEX. We have an amazing community and this test really shows that!
    Last edited by Phenteo; 06-22-2015 at 06:56 PM.
    -Phenteo, Former Community Manager and Egg Giver
    Twitter: @CM_Phenteo | @HEXTCG

"It's polite to say thank you when someone gives you a gift, human." -Phenteo

Very generous as always good going hex and for anyone commenting on the fact that the top 8 got a lot lets face it they played for friking 13 rounds bugs or not. Would i also have done it if i was in a position to do so sure... but i wasn't so i caved around round 8 when it was completely unplayable.
    Member of The Unnamed Council - the Hex TCG PvE Guild
    Twice as nice as i seem and ten times as friendly.

Gigantisaur
    Thank you
    The art work for opening the chest is very nice.

+1 pack for participation is entirely reasonable. Thanks much for it. ^.^

Here's still hoping for flaming hamster sleeves for the next one!

How were these standing figured? They don't match what the in game was showing... For example Mokag got ninth according to the client... he has a screenshot on Twitter. I also looked after it was over and it was reporting that I'd gotten 31st(I think) with my 7-3 record.

Quote Originally Posted by Phenteo View Post
    Hey HEXers!

We wanted to take a moment to thank everyone who participated in our Stress Test tournament over the weekend. This tournament was definitely a long one and we admire all the patience and perseverance that we saw. Thanks to your participation, the engineering team gathered a lot of great data which will definitely help for the launch of Armies of Myth and bring us closer to launching no-player-cap tournaments! We know these tests can be frustrating at times, but they are extremely beneficial for the development and launches of new content. This test went was very successful as large-scale tournaments have come to the point where they can conclude— a momentous occasion. Even though the servers were shut down during the Top 2 finals (this was a staff communication accident, not a software failure), we are very happy with the progression of the tournament. We do know many players experienced issues either due to bugs or load balancing from the test server (the test server has significantly lower specs than the live servers) but everyone pushed through to help the team test and many new bugs were found.

With that out of the way, we can move on to the prizes! As a token of our gratitude EVERYONE who participated in the tournament on the Test Server will receive an Armies of Myth booster pack when the set launches. And, if you're interested, we listed the top 256 players from the tournament with their prizes. You can see the rankings here. The prizing payout in the rankings table has been changed to factor in the participation prize. Prizes will be inserted into accounts after the launch of Armies of Myth!

Once again, thank you very much from everyone here at HEX. We have an amazing community and this test really shows that!
    Gotta say, I'm pretty disappointed.
    Some people receiving ~$100 of prizes, and some people receiving ~$2, purely based on whether they were lucky enough to have the server and client let them into their games? Once it was realised that half the players couldn't even connect, the prize structure should have been replaced with just simply giving everyone a sealed gauntlet entry to kickstart the new set.

As it stands, people that showed up, hit enter then logged off receive the same compensation as I received the for my 4+ hours of utter frustration prior to giving up in despair. There's people who have AFK'd their way to 5+ wins and multiple times the reward of others who slogged the entire 10 hours for zero wins due to never actually being allowed to join a game. Handing out prizes based on rankings in a tournament of pure luck is ridiculous.

How do the tiebreaks work? The in game end of tournament message said I was 23rd but here I'm listed at 16th. Just wondering why there is a difference.

I guess it doesn't matter if you picked a different account name for the test server?
    twitch.tv/alucard2004 - my favorite hex streamer. Click for The Official Bone Forum

Quote Originally Posted by Mike411 View Post
    I guess it doesn't matter if you picked a different account name for the test server?
    I wouldnt see why as it uses your account login info and not your display name.
    In Game Name: Halko

Sealed was the perfect format for a thing like this. Sealed pools are incredibly random as is. The server screwing up is just another layer of variance. I got 3 packs I think for over 12 hours of sitting in front of a computer, but that was a decision I made going in. I knew it wouldn't be worth it from a $ per hour standpoint, even if I tied for second it wouldn't be worth it. So congrats to people who got a huge payout. It was well deserved.
    ----
    http://i.imgur.com/I1MZpF8.png
    HexEnt is too long to type, They're HXE now.
    I am currently trading my unused GK code for a new Tesla Model S P85D
    Feel free to contact me for where you can have it shipped.