Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Guild Features - Ideas/Suggestions

Guild Features - Ideas/Suggestions

So, as we are about to get hit with a huge content patch, have many people been thinking about Guilds more?
    What features would you find valuable to have when Guilds go-live. What is essential vs. nice to have?

Here are some of my thoughts:

Tiers and permissions: Essential
    Guild ranking system - Guild Leader could set. That has different permissions associated to different ranks.
    Regarding Guild Invites / Ability to Rank other members / Ability to use Guild Bank / Ability to host guild events

Player-to-Player trade: Essential (in some form)
    Before guilds it would be nice to have placeholder functionality for Player to Player trade.
    This could be as simple as expanding C.O.D through mail to stand for Cards On Delivery. Where a player is able to set a C.O.D. not based solely on Plat and Gold, but on any item stash item etc.

The above lends itself to
    Guild Banks: Essential
    A place where players can dump extra cards or items
    Records would be kept of transactions that take place in the guild bank
    Authorization requests would be prompted for trades with the guild bank by higher level guildmates.
    Threshold settings for withdraws/deposits.
    Notation section or message section to explain functionality.

Guild Events: Essential (at some point)
    Options to setup and host a guild event.
    Prize distribution setting (or notation)
    Fee to enter (or notation) (There may be a fee that goes to HEX for allowing these to be hosted within the guild)
    Deckbuilding rules (if enforceable within the set parameters, great - if not, notation).
    Format

Guild Banner / Logo - in-game / player acknowledgement: Nice to have
    not much to say here, could be cool in-game options of a banner or logo - maybe additional options can be acquired through achievements or gold unlocks

Guild Calendar: Nice to have
    Helpful tool to attach messages to days.

Guild EXP or Arbitrary unlock system: Nice to have
    A way to have in-game acts contribute to guild XP, and some cosmetic rewards for "leveling-up".

Guild Chat

A lot of the above could have in-game fees associated to it being unlocked. Some may even have Plat fees like options to create and host inner-guild tournaments.

Original Request from Cory:
    http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=26820
    Last edited by nicosharp; 06-29-2015 at 03:15 PM.

Master Theorycrafter
    I don't think that they are going to have a "traditional" guild-bank, which I kinda agree with because there is no real up-side (we can already trade player-to-player) and it would take a lot of work to implement / can cause HUGE amounts of drama / etc

As to things that I would like to see implemented (that haven't already been mentioned), I just want whatever XP system gets implemented to make people who backed the kickstarter at Guild Leader not feel like they made a mistake while also not making it essential to be in a guild that has a kickstarter as the GM - it's gonna be tough!

a lease function for the guild bank instead of a take / give bank would be nice.
    And maybe the option for the guild leader to 'broadcast' a message to all guild members that are online, so they get a small pop up, just like the current broadcast that nobles can do.

High Tomb Lord
    Quote Originally Posted by Voormas View Post
    I don't think that they are going to have a "traditional" guild-bank, which I kinda agree with because there is no real up-side (we can already trade player-to-player) and it would take a lot of work to implement / can cause HUGE amounts of drama / etc
    Guild bank would provide easier and faster access to guild resources. Every other MMO I've played also had player to player trading in addition to guild banks. Not sure what "traditional" is, but we need a guild bank with much of the same functionality that exists in many other MMO's.

One day.....in the far, far future.....Guild Sleeves?

High Tomb Lord
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombs View Post
    One day.....in the far, far future.....Guild Sleeves?
    From guild achievements maybe? That would be sweet

Quote Originally Posted by israel.kendall View Post
    Guild bank would provide easier and faster access to guild resources. Every other MMO I've played also had player to player trading in addition to guild banks. Not sure what "traditional" is, but we need a guild bank with much of the same functionality that exists in many other MMO's.
    The fact that this is a trading card games changes how items are viewed though, this isn't just loaning out some crafting materials. I'm just guessing but I would also be very surprised if we ended up with a guild bank that was as simple as loading it up with cards and members can borrow them when they need.
    Soon™
    IGN - Mitthrawnuruodo
    One half of the "Frick and Frack of negativity".

Guild Decks for In-House Play/Testing -- Yes, liked the idea when it was pitched during an interview.

Guild Bank for Loaning Cards -- Not a fan.

Players can manage that on their own through relationships they developed in the game. However, the drama that ensues when someone eventually runs away with the guild bank almost makes it worthwhile.

High Tomb Lord
    Loaning cards in the guild bank? I'd like to be able to just give them away in there. If you are scared of having your guild bank robbed then use some of nicos suggestions, or don't use the guild bank with your guild.

It's not about stuff being stolen, it's about the question of why would people need to buy cards from Hex anymore if they can just get in a guild with a big enough bank that allows loaning cards.
    Soon™
    IGN - Mitthrawnuruodo
    One half of the "Frick and Frack of negativity".