Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: So set 1 and 2 packs will be useless now?

So set 1 and 2 packs will be useless now?

Am I understanding this right? What is the point of this? I can't think of ANY other card game that makes the vast majority of its packs worthless that quickly. Not everyone has tons of free time every week. Not even Magic is close to this outright hostile to people who have paid for their packs. I mean,I understand using 333 for release week, but forever with no 123 queues? What the hell kind of insult is that?

In before people with infinite free time try to tell me that I should have somehow anticipated that Hex would make the vast majority of packs worthless and then magically manifested oodles of free time to draft all my packs before the blade comes down.

I am willing to give you 5 plat for each of your set 1 and 2 packs to ease the pain of their passing. As they are becoming worthless I'm sure you will find this to be quite the bargain. I do this only out of the good of my own heart knowing I shall take a substantial loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Refugee View Post
    I am willing to give you 5 plat for each of your set 1 and 2 packs to ease the pain of their passing. As they are becoming worthless I'm sure you will find this to be quite the bargain. I do this only out of the good of my own heart knowing I shall take a substantial loss.
    As anticipated, a useless, sarcastic response.
    Last edited by regomar; 07-12-2015 at 10:55 AM.

You are a good haggler! 7 plat then. Final offer. I have a family to support after all. Go ahead and send CoD to Refugee.

Quote Originally Posted by regomar View Post
    Am I understanding this right? What is the point of this? I can't think of ANY other card game that makes the vast majority of its packs worthless that quickly. Not everyone has tons of free time every week. Not even Magic is close to this outright hostile to people who have paid for their packs. I mean,I understand using 333 for release week, but forever with no 123 queues? What the hell kind of insult is that?

In before people with infinite free time try to tell me that I should have somehow anticipated that Hex would make the vast majority of packs worthless and then magically manifested oodles of free time to draft all my packs before the blade comes down.
    If you feel they're going to be worthless (they won't be, but this is topic is all about your feelings), sell them. You can currently list set 1 packs for 151 plat and set 2 packs for 171 plat and you'll have the cheapest buyouts on the auction house.
    twitch.tv/alucard2004 - my favorite hex streamer. Click for The Official Bone Forum

Quote Originally Posted by Refugee View Post
    You are a good haggler! 7 plat then. Final offer. I have a family to support after all. Go ahead and send CoD to Refugee.
    Insults and sarcasm are the last refuge of an clueless individual with nothing to say. If this is the caliber of person defending the game I'm sincerely worried about Hex's future.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike411 View Post
    If you feel they're going to be worthless (they won't be, but this is topic is all about your feelings), sell them. You can currently list set 1 packs for 151 plat and set 2 packs for 171 plat and you'll have the cheapest buyouts on the auction house.
    Am I right to assume by this response that I am correct in my understanding that set 1 and 2 packs will no longer be usable for competitive play? I have searched all of the news articles and not seen confirmation of this. The main reason I'm so upset s because I didn't even know this until I saw people discussing it on the forums. Why would people pay so much for packs of cards that cannot be used for competitive play? Selling them for those prices at this point would be nothing short of duping people who don't know about the sword of Damocles hanging over those packs' value.

We've been playing 2-2-1 drafts for 8 months at this point. I don't follow Magic, but I do believe that the final set of a block is in their draft formats for less time than that.

People are still selling hundreds of packs on the AH each day, even with the new set coming in a few days. I don't consider 140-150p per pack to be worthless. There will be still be chase constructed rares and legendaries only available from sets 1 and 2 that the packs will retain some value, post set 3 release.

Set 1 and 2 packs will not be worthless. Set 1 and 2 will still be valid in formats outside limited (Constructed and PvE). There was also talk of opening up 2-2-1 drafts again in the future. I don't know if/when that would happen, though.

This is something we've known about for a very long time. It's nothing new.
    Last edited by Svenn; 07-12-2015 at 09:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by regomar View Post
    Am I right to assume by this response that I am correct in my understanding that set 1 and 2 packs will no longer be usable for competitive play? I have searched all of the news articles and not seen confirmation of this. The main reason I'm so upset s because I didn't even know this until I saw people discussing it on the forums. Why would people pay so much for packs of cards that cannot be used for competitive play? Selling them for those prices at this point would be nothing short of duping people who don't know about the sword of Damocles hanging over those packs' value.
    Limited tournaments will no longer use the packs from sets 1 and 2. Those sets will still be constructed playable for a long time to come. There may be rare special events in the future that will bring back old formats for something like a special weekend.

A number of the packs sold are bought by people looking to use them today. Another number could be bought by players who are speculating on their long-term value.