Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Am I the only one who doesn't like the Spider's war of attrition design?

It forces me to avoid decks like Sapphire/Wild which are based on drawing faster (which helps them win faster?)
    Actually, Sapphire Wild can deal with them pretty decently. Dreamsmoke Mystic can see Eggs and put them at the bottom of your deck, Winter Moon can put cards in your graveyard back into your deck so you draw less eggs, and both shards are good for disrupting enemy troops that try to produce eggs or gain anything out of spiders hatching. Also, Vennen are fragile and a few decent wild troops usually puts them into trouble.

Nerf spiders, make them 0/1.
    Soon™
    IGN - Mitthrawnuruodo
    One half of the "Frick and Frack of negativity".

Quote Originally Posted by RanaDunes View Post
    It forces me to avoid decks like Sapphire/Wild which are based on drawing faster (which helps them win faster?)
    They're 1/1's. If the average power of what you're drawing is far stronger than a 1/1, you're coming out ahead.

Nerf spiders, make them 0/1.
    Still stronger than hoppers :3

Quote Originally Posted by IronPheasant View Post
    They're 1/1's. If the average power of what you're drawing is far stronger than a 1/1, you're coming out ahead.
    Not in the case of extreme variance, because most of the spider cards put more than one egg in your deck. 3 seems to be most common with some cards going up to... six?

If your opponent gets all 3 spiders from his incubate immediately, that's hard to deal with. OTOH, when I play spiders, you fill half the enemies deck with spiders and see one or two all game :|

I don't hate spiders as much as Phenteo, single least fun card I've seen in any card game ever. The random variance of the card is incredible. It seems every set has a chase Legendary that is highly RNG. Angel of Dawn in Set 1, Reese in Set 2, and now Phenteo. I REALLY don't like the trend.

Master Theorycrafter
    The small set coupled with the heavy tribal theme makes deckbuilding feel extremely restrictive for me in limited, which is unfortunate, since limited tends to be my favorite type of play.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamAoE2 View Post
    The small set coupled with the heavy tribal theme makes deckbuilding feel extremely restrictive for me in limited, which is unfortunate, since limited tends to be my favorite type of play.
    I greatly agree with this. While it feels like a separate issue from the random nature of spiders, I had the same issue with set 2 in the heavily tribal themes. Set 1 seemed vastly superior with only two strong "tribal" decks.

I have to admit I always look forward to playing some spider deck, but out of about 10 gauntlet sealed I've played, only 2-3 were spider decks and only one manage to get 5-2 . It's quite difficult to actually make a decent spider deck. I haven't seen that many spider decks as you have. I'm actually seeing quite varried decks around, and seeing the champion Alyndra more frequently recently.

I faced a spider deck that almost one, it pulled about 7 spiders in a row, and there weren't that many in my deck (maybe only 3 others total in the entire deck).

If you hit that critical mass of spiders, suddenly you have to win in about two turns...with plenty of chump blockers on the opponents side. Not always easy.

Easily my favorite deck in the arena is Diamond/Blood sacrifice spirits. Its really fun to play and has a lot of depth to strategy.