Page 43 of 110 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast

Thread: Convocation arena drop rates

Quote Originally Posted by hex_colin View Post
    It is a game. It's also a TCG. TCGs are money sinks. They always have been, they always will. No one needs all the cards and equipment, especially not ones that very few people will every play. If it's not fun for you, you probably shouldn't be grinding. That's the bottom line.

Also, if people are grinding this much Gold, they're missing a HUGE opportunity by not trying to sell it to me and/or trying to get me to part with any extra stuff I got from GenCon. Just sayin...
    So if you aren't ultra-rich like Colin you shouldn't be playing TCGs. Got it. I guess I shouldn't be playing then.

Hex does love its rand().

Rigid Buffalo
    Quote Originally Posted by hex_colin View Post
    You and I have different definitions of what absurd is.

You can still buy everything (all 22 cards/items) for less than $200 on the AH at this very moment. That is not absurd, especially when you could easily pay that for a single card for a competitive deck in the "other game". And that cost will come way down over the next couple of days.
    $200 for "Fun, flavorful cards that no one will play outside of trying it for fun?" .... what? I actually have no problem with how the packs are set up now, even if it's completely based on RNG, but that's insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Svenn View Post
    Less than $200? You're looking at like $120 just for Ozawas alone. Another $50+ for Storm Clouds. $30 for Stormcoat. That's $200 and you're still missing tons of stuff.

What about the time part? That's the problem. Every single waking moment and not even being close to a full set is absurd. I'm only getting somewhat close (Still over $100 off, because Ozawas, Storm Clouds, and Stormcoat) and that's because I already spent probably $30-50 worth of plat on top of 70 hours grinding just to get where I'm at. That is an absurd amount of time and money for a time limited event to still be over $100 away from a playset.
    No one needs AA Ozawas. Folks might want them, but they don't need them. Also, my comments were confined to the 2015 stuff. And, finally, until this morning, you could actually get everything for under $200, including the Ozawas. I know, I picked up a bunch for my daughter at ~$20 each.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    $200 for "Fun, flavorful cards that no one will play outside of trying it for fun?" .... what? I actually have no problem with how the packs are set up now, even if it's completely based on RNG, but that's insane.
    I don't set the market. Everyone who is grinding and selling stuff is setting the market. If it's insane, it's because people are willing to pay for it. Welcome to a world where TCG collectors exist!
    Hex: Shards of Fate KS || Producer

"The Magi of the Carloth highlands are renowned for their enthusiasm and generosity."
    "Speed is far more important than size when determining the power of a strike."
    "One needs no armor if both your mind and your fist are faster than your enemy's."

Quote Originally Posted by bootlace View Post
    *snip*
    And you're still missing the point. It's not about everyone getting everything. It's about actually being rewarded for time spent. Please tell me how grinding every waking moment (with a 100% loot bonus) for 4+ days plus tossing in some extra money doesn't deserve to actually earn a playset of this. If that's the case, then this isn't the game for me and I've made a big mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by bootlace View Post
    -I'm not a fan of the whole 'earn x tickets and redeem it for y item'. That really turns it into a non-fun time based grind in which you're working at below minimum wage (like those rep grinds I hate in WoW. Killing random Yetis for a chance at a Krol Blade though was much more fun). The fact that you could get lucky and strike gold is what keeps these grinding sessions manageable. This is my own opinion though, I'll admit it's a matter of personal preference.
    Hey Boot - Don't want to discredit your entire post, as you made some perfectly legit points.
    To the quoted part above - you could still have tickets drop by rarity, so the items you choose are based on the RNG of the rarity you were rewarded.
    To everything else, I guess it's just a matter of how comfortable people are with layer upon layer of RNG that, at the end of the day, determines ones collection value. Not time, not money, not commitment.

High Tomb Lord
    If the stuff were easy to get we'd have threads of people complaining that everything's worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgol View Post
    How many runs have you done? I'm over 400 runs now and not a single Uruunaz encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by israel.kendall View Post
    If the stuff were easy to get we'd have threads of people complaining that everything's worthless.
    And again, it's not about making everything easy to get. It's about not even being able to get everything through a combination of an absurd amount of time and a bit of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Svenn View Post
    So if you aren't ultra-rich like Colin you shouldn't be playing TCGs. Got it. I guess I shouldn't be playing then.
    I'm not saying that at all, and you know it. And I've done more than my fair share to help as many people as possible experience and enjoy this game.

But, like every facet of living, you have to have expectations in line with your time and resource availability. I can't do and buy everything I want - I need to make choices like everyone else. Different choices probably, but choices nonetheless.
    Hex: Shards of Fate KS || Producer

"The Magi of the Carloth highlands are renowned for their enthusiasm and generosity."
    "Speed is far more important than size when determining the power of a strike."
    "One needs no armor if both your mind and your fist are faster than your enemy's."