Page 46 of 110 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast

Thread: Convocation arena drop rates

Quote Originally Posted by Yoss View Post
    In fact, I can't think of anyone, though perhaps Xen comes close to that mentality sometimes.
    Quote Originally Posted by hex_colin View Post
    . Xen in particular posts almost exclusively in support of a position that "everyone should be able to acquire everything" (i.e. basically a CCG).
    You guys obviously have misunderstood everything I have ever said. I don't want everyone to be able to get everything. I want everyone to have an equal chance - big difference. I don't want location or time locked stuff to be the norm, however having chase items isn't a problem for me at all. As a matter of fact, I have put in the hard work to have one of the most complete collections around, within reason.

I hate these kinds of event with a passion, because the event leans heavily towards rewarding the lucky and punishing the unlucky, rather than rewarding the people who work hard. But I wouldn't change the location based sleeves (I would love a complete collection of them anyway, but I will take what I can get) but the location and time based PvE cards, or AA? Definitely not a fan.

I do want to clear the air though - I am not looking for a CCG. Hell, I LOVE trading, and at least 1/3rd of my collection (probably more) I got exclusively by trading. All I have ever wanted is for everyone to be on equal footing - everyone who cracks a pack gets the same chance to get a legendary, even if they have a dry spell. But people aren't always being treated equally during events, and that isn't something that is healthy for the game in my opinion. I mean, think about it - bad press travels faster than good press, so what is more important - uber valuable AA's that a small percentage of people can get, or more happy customers?
    Xenavire, proud guild leader for The Lions Share.
    http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...erlinsmall.png

The Transcended
    Quote Originally Posted by bootlace View Post
    What's the average 'reward for time spend' in your average F2P game? And how does that compare with Hex this week?
    If that's to be the argument, then apply the argument to the paid content. Why isn't the paid content giving out sufficient rewards?

Quote Originally Posted by Goliath764 View Post
    If you have grinded the arena for 70 hours, I am quite certain you have a lot of gold that can be converted to plat so you are definitely less than $100 away from a playset. I personally also don't get why you are still grinding away if you have figured out that grinding is not worth your time or something. I mean...you do have a choice to not grind after your realization of the drop rate. If you choose to continue on your grind and then being unhappy about it, then it's partially on you?
    "You are a lot about this game and want to earn the rewards. You wasted your time. Why didn't you figure it out sooner?" Nice things to say to a person.

The Transcended
    Quote Originally Posted by Zophie View Post
    I dunno, I keep thinking about Cory's quote from last year about how he wanted PVE and random matchmatching to be a viable option for people to get these types of rewards if they participated in the event, so people don't feel left out. Right now there's people participating very actively in the event and using those methods that are feeling left out. It's a limited time event that provides very specific PVE cards/equip/mercs for a limited amount of time, if you don't participate then you will have to buy them and that creates value, I'm okay with that. However, those that do participate shouldn't have this hard of a time obtaining the items they want and it simply makes people feel crappy if they aren't lucky enough to get drops.

Frankly, it almost sounds like there is no faith that more new players will come after this event and desire these items and raise the value of them. If no new players join the game then we'd need everything to be this rare to maintain the value. If you have faith the playerbase will continue to grow then certainly you can see that it wouldn't hurt to give the currently active players a better chance at the rewards while the event is happening, as you would know that the value of them would still increase over time as more players join in down the road...

Sorry I'm not being as optimistic and happy about this stuff as I usually try to be, but I've been particularly unlucky with this event and just feeling pretty depressed about all this stuff in general. I might also be biased cuz I have to support myself and 3 others with just my own income and it gets pretty tough sometimes, as much as I'd love to throw money at Hex I just can't afford it sometimes, but that's my problem no one elses. I just can't get past the limited time event PLUS hard RNG thing, it's too much.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by plaguedealer View Post
    In the back of my mind, I am worried that we havent seen the real pve grind yet. But it is ok if campaign/dungeons are fun, complex and diverse.
    I am OK with a loot grind in content that will always be available. (Note that I said "loot grind", not "content grind". Hiding content, like Uruunaz, behind brutal RNG is lame.)

Quote Originally Posted by Yoss View Post

I am OK with a loot grind in content that will always be available. (Note that I said "loot grind", not "content grind". Hiding content, like Uruunaz, behind brutal RNG is lame.)
    ++++111111

I am not a big tcg player, but do other tcgs have convocation exclusive items or is this something out of the ordinary?

Quote Originally Posted by bootlace View Post
    -The Arena drop rates I believe have been nerfed because of the above. Still, if you can get 1 2013/2014 pack every 15 full runs you're still batting above an average drafter so count yourself lucky in that respect.
    15 full runs... So (assuming you can average about 45 minutes which not everyone can), one pack in over 11 hours of grinding is perfectly okay?

One pack in which you could luck out and get an AA Ozawa or end up with a Brosi instead.

I am not a big tcg player, but do other tcgs have convocation exclusive items or is this something out of the ordinary?
    Yes, and with significantly higher rarity in many cases.
    Hex: Shards of Fate KS || Producer

"The Magi of the Carloth highlands are renowned for their enthusiasm and generosity."
    "Speed is far more important than size when determining the power of a strike."
    "One needs no armor if both your mind and your fist are faster than your enemy's."

The Transcended
    Depends what you mean. No other TCG has ever had PvE so it's impossible to compare. However, for PvP cards, no they would never give out exclusive cards other than AA versions of things. (Actually, MTG tried it way back when and it was a huge backlash from the players. Mana Crypt is the notable example, but I think there were some others.)

The Transcended
    Quote Originally Posted by hex_colin View Post
    Yes, and with significantly higher rarity in many cases.
    Are the items you're talking about actual content or just vanity items?

It is common and like mentioned often with much harsher requirements. Some people just have certain expectations about how the game should reward them. Right or wrong. The only thing you can do is decide what you think is reasonable and if you feel you can obtain it. I just wanted the mercs out of this event. I won't get them but I have limited time and limited cash. I believe that it was very generous of HXE to even offer the rewards in the first place though and don't feel entitled to all the rewards regardless of the amount of time/money I put in. Others don't and it doesn't make their feelings any less right or wrong.

I just wish people would step back and realize your exact point. Not many companies would offer exclusive stuff for anything but money. HXE has always been very generous in everything they do.