Page 68 of 110 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast
Results 671 to 680 of 1098

Thread: Convocation arena drop rates

  1. #671
    Quote Originally Posted by Alamand View Post
    The only accessible PvE content has been arena
    You'll see in my post that I agree there's not satisfying PvE experience yet. This is one of the pices we pay for Hex simply not being done yet.

  2. #672
    Master Theorycrafter
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    756
    Quote Originally Posted by Svenn View Post
    Time limiting something like that goes against the entire point of the chase items.
    I look forward to your thread on how disgusted you are with Hex when the time-limited sale Spectral Lotus Gardens are added into the game

  3. #673
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazelbain View Post
    My point is people are getting screwed by RNG all the time in Hex regadless of time duration.
    So do you just not see the difference in this. (do you notice with the normal screw people are not up in arms and we are all making a different point here?)

  4. #674
    Quote Originally Posted by ryuukan View Post
    I look forward to your thread on how disgusted you are with Hex when the time-limited sale Spectral Lotus Gardens are added into the game
    That's not a chase item, but I do have sympathy for people who missed out. I don't say "lolz, sucks to be you, it's an integral part of the TCG experience."
    PvE Hex - At long last!

  5. #675
    Quote Originally Posted by ryuukan View Post
    I look forward to your thread on how disgusted you are with Hex when the time-limited sale Spectral Lotus Gardens are added into the game
    I'm not sure what you mean by "time-limited sale". Are you referring to the fact that they were only available during Kickstarter? I'm okay with Kickstarter exclusive stuff. Anyone could get it. You had to be there. There was no RNG involved in that.

    If you're referring to the fact that they require a daily log in... that I don't like. However, I knew about it from the beginning and a daily log in to generate the same item over and over could be far worse. That one item I can get over. Now, if they started making it so there were a bunch of things that required a daily log in I'd have a problem with it.

  6. #676
    Quote Originally Posted by Alamand View Post
    There's a massive difference between PvE cards and PvP AAs. You can still play with and have fun with the normal art PvP versions, however artificial chase PvE cards lock people out from entire deck builds for no good reason
    Do they though? More so than, for instance, the market value of Angel of Dawn or Vampire King locked people out of deck builds?

    I honestly don't expect that that's the case, and even if it were the impact of a single element (be it a card, and equipment, or a champion, or a mercenary) is going to be much less significant in PvE simply because there's so many more of them and because they all effect the game so much. We are much more likely to see novel solutions to PvE challenges that would be unplayable in 'straight' PvP simply because of the deluge of elements that aren't legal in that format.

    In short, I think the idea of a 'must have' item for any particular dungeon is going to be sort of ridiculous.

  7. #677
    I'd like to hear about how they are actually applying the RNG to the pack rewards.....

    For example:
    Is it just 100% RNG - Could the game have produced 20,000 slippers, and only 10,000 queens?
    Is it quasi Random? - Would the game have produced 20,000 slippers, and 80,000 queens?
    Is it obnoxiously quasi Random? - Would the game have produced 500 stormcoats, and 100,000 storm of the century's?

  8. #678
    Quote Originally Posted by nicosharp View Post
    I'd like to hear about how they are actually applying the RNG to the pack rewards.....

    For example:
    Is it just 100% RNG - Could the game have produced 20,000 slippers, and only 10,000 queens?
    Is it quasi Random? - Would the game have produced 20,000 slippers, and 80,000 queens?
    Is it obnoxiously quasi Random? - Would the game have produced 500 stormcoats, and 100,000 storm of the century's?
    They did say the cards would be "printed" and distributed. We can't say for sure, but I would expect this was the same process. The complete lack of an official comment from Cryptic says to me the rarity is known and intentional.
    PvE Hex - At long last!

  9. #679
    Quote Originally Posted by nicosharp View Post
    I'd like to hear about how they are actually applying the RNG to the pack rewards.....

    For example:
    Is it just 100% RNG - Could the game have produced 20,000 slippers, and only 10,000 queens?
    Is it quasi Random? - Would the game have produced 20,000 slippers, and 80,000 queens?
    Is it obnoxiously quasi Random? - Would the game have produced 500 stormcoats, and 100,000 storm of the century's?
    when you say 100% RNG do you mean a uniform distribution and is quasi random a case where things are weighted?

  10. #680
    came looking for this thread because I'd knew it'd be there, generally if I'm this mad at something in game a lot of people will be mad at it, played all week, I have 7 packs or so sitting in my inventory, I have 2 of the mercs, but enough extras to trade for the one I'm missing, I have a full playset of the weak unusable but fun to have Storm deck with all the equipment except one, but I've hated hex and this event all week.

    I've been mad at it because of stormcoat. I don't want to collect chase equipment, it's not fun, cards are fun, and I'll never have it so I can never play the entire deck of cards I collected, the whole thing is basically useless (it was useless anyway red orc still completely dominates even slaughter, but I wanted an event deck to have fun with)

    I'm going to dread and hate next year, I'm going to dread and hate every announcement about gencon from now on. I dunno if that's healthy or not for a game, I'd say me hating something is bad for it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •