Page 69 of 110 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast
Results 681 to 690 of 1098

Thread: Convocation arena drop rates

  1. #681
    Quote Originally Posted by malloc31 View Post
    So do you just not see the difference in this. (do you notice with the normal screw people are not up in arms and we are all making a different point here?)
    Oh, I get the distinction. But I sure that it is a small consolation to the guy with 0 primals after 400 packs that maybe in decade they too can have average primal count.

  2. #682
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodslave View Post
    when you say 100% RNG do you mean a uniform distribution and is quasi random a case where things are weighted?
    I might just be making up terminology, but somewhat:
    100% RNG = There is just a % chance something will hit, and that it is determined at random, everytime a pack is opened.
    Quasi Random = The Server randomly distributes cards/equipment, but creates the cards and equipment based on what cards and equipment have already been distributed. ("weighted", or "printed")

  3. #683
    Quote Originally Posted by nicosharp View Post
    I might just be making up terminology, but somewhat:
    100% RNG = There is just a % chance something will hit, and that it is determined at random, everytime a pack is opened.
    Quasi Random = The Server randomly distributes cards/equipment, but creates the cards and equipment based on what cards and equipment have already been distributed. ("weighted", or "printed")
    Ok, I see. My suspicion is that it's more like your 100% RNG scenario where when a pack is opened there's a fixed probability of a given card spawning. i.e. cards are created on opening. The quasi random scenario is a lot more difficult to implement and both solutions are equivalent once there are enough packs in circulation.

  4. #684
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiredore View Post
    Do they though? More so than, for instance, the market value of Angel of Dawn or Vampire King locked people out of deck builds?

    I honestly don't expect that that's the case, and even if it were the impact of a single element (be it a card, and equipment, or a champion, or a mercenary) is going to be much less significant in PvE simply because there's so many more of them and because they all effect the game so much. We are much more likely to see novel solutions to PvE challenges that would be unplayable in 'straight' PvP simply because of the deluge of elements that aren't legal in that format.

    In short, I think the idea of a 'must have' item for any particular dungeon is going to be sort of ridiculous.
    The difference is those cards are powerful enough to deserve their price, all of the non-arena PvE cards aren't nearly powerful enough to justify their prices. It would be like comet strike being a 2k plat card not because it's powerful, but because it has 1/20th the drop rate of other legendaries.

    According to a lot of the replies here that would be a wonderful thing because it would give you something to aim for and work towards.

  5. #685
    Quote Originally Posted by Alamand View Post
    According to a lot of the replies here that would be a wonderful thing because it would give you something to aim for and work towards.
    You should just be grateful they even let you have an account! I mean, they could just not give you any cards at all, even for money!

    (/s for those that need it)

  6. #686
    Master Theorycrafter
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Over There! -->
    Posts
    559
    As I learned long ago when dealing with any sort of game with rng drop rates, never expect to get lucky and collectors and completions should play at their own risk. While it would have been nice if those cards would have been slightly easier to obtain, people shouldn't expect to easily get everything at the end of the day.

  7. #687
    Master Theorycrafter
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    756
    Quote Originally Posted by Svenn View Post
    You should just be grateful they even let you have an account! I mean, they could just not give you any cards at all, even for money!

    (/s for those that need it)
    making oddball quips like this drowns out your original intention of wanting a facet of the game changed

  8. #688
    Quote Originally Posted by Erukk View Post
    As I learned long ago when dealing with any sort of game with rng drop rates, never expect to get lucky and collectors and completions should play at their own risk. While it would have been nice if those cards would have been slightly easier to obtain, people shouldn't expect to easily get everything at the end of the day.
    this is not just people complaining about normal drop rates. if it was just a raid that the loot was never dropping, sure just keep trying eventually you will get it. This is a limited time event that was supposed to be "fun" (I would guess), or maybe they did not want the event to be fun, if that is true they have succeeded.

  9. #689
    Master Theorycrafter
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    756
    Quote Originally Posted by malloc31 View Post
    this is not just people complaining about normal drop rates. if it was just a raid that the loot was never dropping, sure just keep trying eventually you will get it. This is a limited time event that was supposed to be "fun" (I would guess), or maybe they did not want the event to be fun, if that is true they have succeeded.
    I don't think fun was the intention per se, it was meant to be accessible. If you were looking to earn packs for free, you would be playing the same Arena that's been in the game for quite some time. I don't think people find arena to be fun at this point in time and everyone knew that was what they would be having to grind for these packs.

  10. #690
    Quote Originally Posted by ryuukan View Post
    I don't think fun was the intention per se, it was meant to be accessible. If you were looking to earn packs for free, you would be playing the same Arena that's been in the game for quite some time. I don't think people find arena to be fun at this point in time and everyone knew that was what they would be having to grind for these packs.
    If it wasn't meant to be fun... well, then we found the problem. I thought the whole point of these special events was something fun to do? That's why my expectations were such that a ridiculous amount of time spent would be enough to actually get the rewards.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •