Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: HEX API Parser (links for Windows and OS X)

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRider View Post
    Avast seems to think that the Windows versions are infected with something called DRep.
    Not sure why this is the case. I make all of the source code available (at https://github.com/dylannorthrup/go-...xapi/hexapi.go) in case you want to download go and compile it yourself[+]. I do binary builds on build VMs at work which run Symantec. I tried doing cross compiling from my Mac (which I use to do the OS X builds) but heard some folks had issues with that.

I just did a download of the files and scanned them and they show up clean according to Symantec. I think this might be a case of Avast showing false positives. Here's a forum post from Avast explaining why the false positives show up and how to report them: https://forum.avast.com/index.php?to...512#msg1027512

Footnotes below. Feel free to ignore the ravings of my meandering mind.

[+] That shows the most recent version of the code[++] that you can download and pass to a go compiler[+++] to get a binary you can run on your computer
    [++] That used to point to the HEAD of the master branch. Given I've not really done feature branches (since a] it's only been me committing changes and b] I've been lazy since it's easier) that's the best that can be done right now. I've started doing release tagging and tagging the current stable. I should also be able to do the stable tagging as well, which has changed the URL. When that happens, I'll . . . likely start a new thread (http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=48064) and begin posting updates there because I've changed usernames[++++++] . . . which I'll be doing presently now that version 0.9 is released.
    [+++] Installation and configuration instructions are available here: https://golang.org/doc/install [++++]
    [++++] If you find problems with the code or have suggestions, I'm happy to fix them. If you have problems downloading and compiling the code on your computer, you're on your own.[+++++]
    [+++++] If you don't want to be on your own, we can discuss my bill rate for individual support. Fair warning, rates are at least 5000 plat/hour with four hour minimum for compilation installation, configuration, testing and automation (so that you'll automatically always get the next stable or dev release per your preference).
    [++++++] Much easier for folks to point out where I'm wrong when I'm posting using my real name. Just ask Ben Stoll, Cory Jones and Chris Woods ;-)
    Last edited by dylannorthrup; 02-20-2016 at 06:32 PM. Reason: Updated github URL

I created a config.ini file in the directory of the parser as described in post #2 but I'm receiving the message: "No config file. Using defaults" when I start it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodslave View Post
    I created a config.ini file in the directory of the parser as described in post #2 but I'm receiving the message: "No config file. Using defaults" when I start it up.
    Make sure it's not actually a txt file. Copying the config.ini file from the HEX directory, and then overwriting the contents is a pretty foolproof way of making sure you have what you need..
    Hex: Shards of Fate KS || Producer

"The Magi of the Carloth highlands are renowned for their enthusiasm and generosity."
    "Speed is far more important than size when determining the power of a strike."
    "One needs no armor if both your mind and your fist are faster than your enemy's."

No luck with that. The issue must be something else.

Quote Originally Posted by hex_colin View Post
    Make sure it's not actually a txt file. Copying the config.ini file from the HEX directory, and then overwriting the contents is a pretty foolproof way of making sure you have what you need..
    Colin makes a good point. The file does need to be 'config.ini' and not 'config.ini.txt' (which may happen).

Also, the config.ini file needs to be in the same location you're running the program from, not necessarily where the program is located. As an example, if I've got my file in C:\temp\hexapi_windows_amd64.exe but I'm running it from C:\Users\dylanisawesome then I'd need to make sure the config.ini file is in C:\Users\dylanisawesome not in the C:\temp directory. An easy way to make sure this isn't an issue is to change into the same directory where the Parser is located. That should make everything work as intended.

The reason for the difference in location is because, from what I've been able to find, it's non-trivial to figure out exactly where the API parser is located, but it's really easy to look for a file in the same directory you're running it from.

And I'm realizing I totally wrote the wrong thing in post #2. Sigh. My apologies for the confusion.

What I've been doing is navigating to the directory where the parser lives in terminal and then using nano to create the .ini file there. I'll check to see if there's a hidden .txt extension when I get back home.

update:

config.ini is indeed a .ini file. Not sure where it's going wrong, I've been looking through the source code to see if there's something but I don't find anything. I'm running OSX El Capitan, maybe there's something to do with that?

Also, writing out to collection.out works, i can open that up.
    Last edited by Bloodslave; 02-28-2016 at 07:48 PM.

What I've been doing is navigating to the directory where the parser lives in terminal and then using nano to create the .ini file there. I'll check to see if there's a hidden .txt extension when I get back home.

update:

config.ini is indeed a .ini file. Not sure where it's going wrong, I've been looking through the source code to see if there's something but I don't find anything. I'm running OSX El Capitan, maybe there's something to do with that?

Also, writing out to collection.out works, i can open that up.
    I'm using El Capitan on my development box, so that shouldn't be an issue. When you run the parser, are you doing so from the same directory as where the config.ini is located?

And, looking at the source code, all should be working ok. https://github.com/dylannorthrup/go-...exapi.go#L1631 is the bit in main() that calls readConfig and this section https://github.com/dylannorthrup/go-...go#L1417-L1422 is the bit that you seem to be hitting not finding the config.ini.

Doing a look around again, there may be a way to move the config.ini into the same directory as the parser. But it'll require a code change and some testing. I'll see what I can do while I'm traveling for the Invitational.