Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: VIP Constructed. Low players this month?

VIP Constructed. Low players this month?

I was planning to play in the Friday 7pm Pacific VIP tournament, but it has a really low number of players (30 when it started) and with those numbers I was worried about playing 4 games of Titania's Majesty (boring).

I missed the last constructed due to travel so my question is: Is this low number of players because a) constructed is less popular? b) The Friday 7pm tournament often has low numbers? c) Is the meta scaring away potential constructed players? d) Some other reason such as a seasonal holiday?

Constructed probably less popular plus it's just friday, it just started. Also it's the what? 3rd repeat of the same AA cards?

A and C. IIRC the Friday tournament usually has good turnout. Myself and a few other people I know decided not to play because of the crappy meta. I don't think it's a coincidence.

I will have to agree that Meta is to blame.

Ban Majesty or NERF it!

P.S. I played it and would be ok with a Nerf
    Grand King Netdecker Extraordinaire Collector

They aren't going to nerf a pvp card.
    ----
    http://i.imgur.com/I1MZpF8.png
    HexEnt is too long to type, They're HXE now.
    I am currently trading my unused GK code for a new Tesla Model S P85D
    Feel free to contact me for where you can have it shipped.

Also, one of the first events where players can save their VIP tickets, so I imagine a lot of people gave this one a pass.
    In-game: Obsidian || Collector backer || Starting a guild for Newbies -- "The Cerulea Acadamy"
    Quote Originally Posted by Aradon View Post
    Cory is a man of unrelenting promises and optimism!

I haven't seen a single majesty deck. =/ Super annoying really wanted to play against it. It's all Mono blood/Blood ruby.
    ----
    http://i.imgur.com/I1MZpF8.png
    HexEnt is too long to type, They're HXE now.
    I am currently trading my unused GK code for a new Tesla Model S P85D
    Feel free to contact me for where you can have it shipped.

High Tomb Lord
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwaer View Post
    I haven't seen a single majesty deck. =/ Super annoying really wanted to play against it. It's all Mono blood/Blood ruby.
    i was the only RW deck i saw you can challenge me in the ESL ladder
    -----------------------------------------
    Grand King + Pro Player + Collector + King

Out of the 4 rounds from the first VIP constructed I saw 2 Majesty decks, 1 sapphire/wild, and 1 deck that was sapphire/diamond Of the 3 rounds (so far) of the 2nd VIP constructed I've seen 1 (or was it 2?) blood/ruby and one deck that was mono wild (with a small splash of sapphire.)

Also don't forget that next month is likely VIP Constructed too (due to last month being the planned VIP Constructed but getting switched to VIP Sealed) and next month will be the new VIP AA's...which people will be saving VIP tickets for.
    Last edited by YourOpponent; 08-28-2015 at 08:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by YourOpponent View Post
    Out of the 4 rounds from the first VIP constructed I saw 2 Majesty decks, 1 sapphire/wild, and 1 deck that was sapphire/diamond Of the 3 rounds (so far) of the 2nd VIP constructed I've seen 1 (or was it 2?) blood/ruby and one deck that was mono wild (with a small splash of sapphire.)

Also don't forget that next month is likely VIP Constructed too (due to last month being the planned VIP Constructed but getting switched to VIP Sealed) and next month will be the new VIP AA's...which people will be saving VIP tickets for.

Will be sealed. They changed the order
    Grand King Netdecker Extraordinaire Collector