Page 24 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: PvP: Please Ban Titania's Majesty

I'm worried about more than just quash as a fast competitive decks. There are some very strong things being overlooked right now while everyone is focused on Majesty.

Cressida might be a problem, might not... As far as randomness is concerned, different sets will have varying levels of random. I can take that or leave it.
    ----
    http://i.imgur.com/I1MZpF8.png
    HexEnt is too long to type, They're HXE now.
    I am currently trading my unused GK code for a new Tesla Model S P85D
    Feel free to contact me for where you can have it shipped.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwaer View Post
    This is a bit of my concern. Rarely is a single card responsible when bans are necessary, and I don't want to see a string of bans, or a subpar meta because bans didn't hit the right things. If the Majesty deck is a problem, a good hard look should be given to all of its parts, maybe majesty and periwinkle need bans, maybe just peri and croc, hell maybe just peri. They need to really get deep into what the issue is, where the development breakdown happened and correct it. There are quite a lot of very fast decks that don't need majesty, that majesty might be designed to keep in check. You need to consider those decks as well, it's possible majesty gets banned and we end up with an even worse meta because some other deck is even worse in the world that majesty doesn't exist.
    If Titania's is banned, you end up with a ramp deck that plays periwinkle to copy its threats, but has nowhere near the explosive power of majesty currently. It definitely can consistently throw out big serious threats, it can hardcast a calamity fairly early, it can clean up the board with croc, it can copy its fatties with periwinkle to dodge control. It can do all that, but it can't kill on turn 3 or kill only through 10+ direct damage to the face (even rootfather gemmed is only 8). I'd argue that if you remove majesty, the deck is far from crippled, but seems much more fair in the sense that you can now interact with it consistently. So...they had an explosive eye of creation hitting rootfathers and crocs? Well at least you can wipe the board next turn. They hardcasted a copied calamity? Well at least you can martyr one of them, and at least you won't be taking 20 to the face from it.

As a guy playing a quirky wintermoon deck myself, i think that there are many ways to shut it down currently. Aside from the ways already mentioned, it can be fairly difficult to survive the onslaught of quash-aggro, depending on your build (I got run over by that in round 2).

I agree, titania majesty is hurting not only the meta but the game itself, im sure people have left already or refusing to play constructed for a while because of the deck.

I for one am sticking with hex but I am NOT playing any more constructed, until something is done, if not im worried it will eventualy hurt playerbase, noone wants a IWIN button.

Yeah, I agree that Titania's Majesty is just bad for the game right now. I'm playing it right now in the stress test and ran it in the last VIP because if you can't beat 'em join 'em etc., so don't try to argue that it's just f2p players that can't afford the deck that think this. I'm not saying it's unbeatable, but that the card seems to be bad for the game.
    Last edited by IndigoShade; 09-05-2015 at 03:00 PM. Reason: Clarification

Im also playing Majesty. Made top 8 of ESL but dropped to play stress tournament, currently 5-1.

Winning has never been so little fun. Im not even sure I can be bothered to finish the event. Its a lot of packs on the line but to spend so long playing something so unfun and having coinflip mirror matches doesn't seem worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by magic_gazz View Post
    Im also playing Majesty. Made top 8 of ESL but dropped to play stress tournament, currently 5-1.

Winning has never been so little fun. Im not even sure I can be bothered to finish the event. Its a lot of packs on the line but to spend so long playing something so unfun and having coinflip mirror matches doesn't seem worth it.
    Your games must have been quick then - I only had time to do 2 games before Stresstest.
    IGN: Fensale

Quote Originally Posted by magic_gazz View Post

I would back your every single word. This absence of game choices replaced by coin flip random with turn/draws is frustrating. I can't enjoy win if I did almost nothing for it. And I'm sure as hell won't enjoy tough lose because someone could flip da coins better.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Im sorry im a little tired, all night for the stress test and 10 round in hand.

Im currently at 7-3, I faced 4 titania and only to one of them and I don't lose because he play titania (he didnt play it at all in fact)
    Stop focusing on that card and think outside the box.
    Just ignore TM its just a luck card. Turn 3 kill its very rare i take that my self only once and i face since set3 is release 10 titania during tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by VicMan View Post
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Im sorry im a little tired, all night for the stress test and 10 round in hand.

Im currently at 7-3, I faced 4 titania and only to one of them and I don't lose because he play titania (he didnt play it at all in fact)
    Stop focusing on that card and think outside the box.
    Just ignore TM its just a luck card. Turn 3 kill its very rare i take that my self only once and i face since set3 is release 10 titania during tournament.
    Meh, I understand where they're coming from, it's very luck based, coin flippy. Whatever, I'm just not sure that's the direction Hex wants to go. That's up to the devs. I think a healthy meta could probably exist with Majesty in it. I did very well this tournament running a sub par deck with an Egg wincon. Majesty wasn't really a problem, Quash was what got me most. If they ban it, maybe they'll re-examine some of their other decisions, and see about adding some stuff back to the chain, think of a different way than 'doesn't target' to remove, Give us back hold priority? There's lots of things I'd like to see going back to the roots on =)
    ----
    http://i.imgur.com/I1MZpF8.png
    HexEnt is too long to type, They're HXE now.
    I am currently trading my unused GK code for a new Tesla Model S P85D
    Feel free to contact me for where you can have it shipped.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwaer View Post
    Majesty wasn't really a problem, Quash was what got me most.
    I died three times on turn three to aggro decks, but never on turn three to Majesty in the entire stress test.

Just commenting, not saying it means anything.
    Last edited by Thrawn; 09-05-2015 at 10:07 PM.
    Soon™
    IGN - Mitthrawnuruodo
    One half of the "Frick and Frack of negativity".