Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Almost 2016... long time from 2013

Infernal Professor
    Quote Originally Posted by dogmod View Post
    Easy to say as someone who has been here a long time. Hard to advise someone who is new to the community. Heck I have been here a long time and not sure how I would go about extracting maximum value ...
    Give all your cards to me, ????????????????, Profit!

The Transcended
    Quote Originally Posted by dogmod View Post
    Easy to say as someone who has been here a long time. Hard to advise someone who is new to the community. Heck I have been here a long time and not sure how I would go about extracting maximum value ...
    Yeah, it's unfortunate that we do not have the most robust 3rd party marketplace yet, and we're not allowed to advertise anything here. The Hex reddit can help you though.

600 bucks.. wow...

I myself have spent a decent amount of money on Hex(Slightly less than 100). Which in fact is a really high number compared to any other game I have played(except for WoW).

I have arrived to a similar conclusion as yours. I like to think of Hex's business model like a mobile game. The only way to enjoy is having access to all the ''micro-transactions'' or play it ''free'' with extremely low expectations and the will to grind.

I don't have experience playing any other TCG so take this with a grain of salt.

As someone who spent around 10k on the kickstarter I still put in 100-200 usd every month buying plat because I've literally never sold anything. I'm not in it for the market. I like having tons of ks tiers. But I really regret not just going producer for how I ended up enjoying the game. That said. Most people don't need a full collection. In most card games you make decks rather than completing sets. If you play hex that way it's remarkably cheap. Selling off your current deck and buying the new deck you want.
    ----
    http://i.imgur.com/I1MZpF8.png
    HexEnt is too long to type, They're HXE now.
    I am currently trading my unused GK code for a new Tesla Model S P85D
    Feel free to contact me for where you can have it shipped.

I'm a King tier KS and put $150 towards plat at start of Beta and $49 to old VIP and I don't really see having to put more cash directly into the game anytime soon. I have spent money on Gencon the last two years for Hex(it's local to me) and converted con promos to plat.

The amount of bang for my buck in Hex though has been incredible. I'm continually challenged to keep going infinite while building playsets of each set and gathering the plat to fund the next set when it is released. We now have opportunities to actually earn cash now with tourney play and the future looks bright.

Gigantisaur
    I think the obvious conclusion is that for many players, the player verse environment will either shoot this game through the stratosphere or relegate it to a niche market. HXE knows this and it is why that part of the game is taking so long to come out. If you took away the last 2 sets and see where the game is now, I honestly thought that was where they were when the Kickstarter campaign started, in terms of progression. I still have not really pushed this game yet on players. I was going to, but I realized, like the OP stated, that the Arena really was not all that much fun for long term play. It needs the long term replay of a system, like the dungeon system hopefully will be, to truly make this game special.
    The art work for opening the chest is very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by wasichu View Post
    { I for one looked at how much cash I have spent into this game achieving my 97% play-set of all three sets. (probably around 600 dollars or more) This is one of the reasons I dropped mtg and I at least have the physical cards from it. While my Hex cards do have a value, do they really when it comes to real life money.
    Looks like everybody replied only to this observation.
    { I know PVE is coming but I have been hearing that for ages now. (arena grind doesn't really count imo as PVE there is no fun in it)
    I think the image of HEX is already known for his slow developpment of features. They have great PVE ideas and everybody is waiting to see what's gonna happen but some people are just tied of waiting promises.
    { Guilds have diminished, I was in Hex TCG Pro a really big guild at the start of this as well as some others that are no more. What has been the point of a guild thus far? Even alot of the big named streamers on Twitch don't anymore.
    Agree totally. Most of the post KS Guild websites are dead, but i saw some new ones.
    { Alot of my friends that I enticed to join Hex that didn't want to put any money into a game unless they really enjoyed it have fallen away. They basically said you start off all excited, get a deck do trials and find out you cant win in proving grounds against peeps that have power cards, and they couldn't complete arena to get any substantial amounts of gold. The power cards if they where being sold for gold was astronomical. A couple of friends even put a few bucks in to draft and didn't have the best of luck in their packs and either lost or won a match to get one pack. And after that 20 bucks was gone they still didn't have anything from those packs to sell for alot of plat or make any decks worth playing. Their summary was this game is a cash cow. And when I look back at what I have spent in it I am starting to feel the same. Even though I love a great TCG. And hex is one of them to me or I wouldn't of invested what I have thus far.
    I didn't tell about HEX to some of my friends and i won't until HEX will offer them something they'll like. Today, HEX is far from a finished game. I follow some other KS games, i don't know what takes them so long to develop features. I have still 2 coworkers playing it, and it seems that they like it so far... but they didn't start in 2013.
    So far i don't like other TCGs/CCGs on the market, so i'm not planning to leave. But i agree with most of the points from OP post.

{ I for one looked at how much cash I have spent into this game achieving my 97% play-set of all three sets. (probably around 600 dollars or more) This is one of the reasons I dropped mtg and I at least have the physical cards from it. While my Hex cards do have a value, do they really when it comes to real life money.
    Yes, they do have value. I've spent $1800... but I've also cashed out $1400 by selling things. And I still have near full playsets of Sets 1-3 and a TON of other stuff (including lots of AAs).

{ I know PVE is coming but I have been hearing that for ages now. (arena grind doesn't really count imo as PVE there is no fun in it)
    It's coming... it's the next big patch. I've said it before and I'll say it again... PvE takes thousands of man hours more than PvP to develop.

{ Guilds have diminished, I was in Hex TCG Pro a really big guild at the start of this as well as some others that are no more. What has been the point of a guild thus far? Even alot of the big named streamers on Twitch don't anymore.
    I don't get why anyone tried to put a guild together before they existed. Guilds in MMOs are finicky even when it's an actual in game system with people leaving, quitting, etc. That doesn't really mean anything. I'll be putting a guild together when the system is out, and I expect to have a ton of people in it just recruiting my friends and co-workers that play. Until it's in though, no sense in even attempting to form a guild.

{ Proving grounds is 75% of the reason I play HEX, but nothing has been done to make that more enjoyable, only things to make it more unenjoyable, like removing the name of whom you are playing against, locking you out from doing anything for a few minutes hoping they click accept to your challenge. Or you could click play random opponent and again get locked out from doing anything while you wait anywhere from 1-15 minutes from someone to join. (Always lower time when a new set comes out) Again you always here of some sort of ladder, some sort of something will come one day to make it more appealing to play in the proving grounds.
    Proving grounds is the equivalent of the "play with your friends for no reward" of any other TCG. I don't see a problem with this. That being said... when did they remove the name of your opponent? And what are you being locked out from? Just click to queue and it matches you up?

{ Alot of my friends that I enticed to join Hex that didn't want to put any money into a game unless they really enjoyed it have fallen away. They basically said you start off all excited, get a deck do trials and find out you cant win in proving grounds against peeps that have power cards, and they couldn't complete arena to get any substantial amounts of gold. The power cards if they where being sold for gold was astronomical. A couple of friends even put a few bucks in to draft and didn't have the best of luck in their packs and either lost or won a match to get one pack. And after that 20 bucks was gone they still didn't have anything from those packs to sell for alot of plat or make any decks worth playing. Their summary was this game is a cash cow. And when I look back at what I have spent in it I am starting to feel the same. Even though I love a great TCG. And hex is one of them to me or I wouldn't of invested what I have thus far.
    Not being able to win against "power cards" is bullshit. If you're really worried about that, join the free rock leagues and stuff that don't let people play with those cards. Arena is easy, and it's not hard to put together a cheap deck that can clear it quickly so you can get a ton of gold. If you can't do that, you just aren't trying. Drafting is amazing value and it's hard to NOT go infinite, so if they drafted, won a pack, and still couldn't break even then they were seriously doing something wrong. This game is one of the most money friendly TCGs on the market, so the cash cow thing is just silly.

{ All and all though I have to make a decision to not keep throwing wood into the HEX fire when its poring buckets and the only time it stops raining for a moment is when a New set is released. This game has got to go some where soon with some major changes. The fun factor in all aspects PVP and PVE injected into it like the needle in the heart from PULP FICTION. I know I can't change it because peeps think their cards have this real life value but the cards are way to expensive for the great rares and legendaries. No card should be over 5 bucks in a digital format. But peeps pay what the seller wants. Heck I have coughed up the loot for my vamp kings and Angel of dawns Reese, etc. If you wanna compete you better have em. And that is where lies the problem in HEX with key cards being that expensive the conclusion by new players is If ya wanna compete in this game you gotta spend some serious cash or hope Kismet is extra nice to ya. Yes their are exception decks that can win better than 50% but we all know to compete you gotta have those staple deck cards.
    First of all, the prices are set by the buyers, not the sellers. If no one were willing to pay for the price a seller wanted then it would come down. That's how a market works. Second, cards SHOULD be over $5. In fact, I'd say that's very healthy for the game. It means interest and demand. Again, you are equating power to cash here, and that's just not the case. If you really want to just not worry about these cards, again, play rock league or something similar. They've made some really awesome sets already, and they are a TON of fun to draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuhan View Post
    600 bucks.. wow...

I myself have spent a decent amount of money on Hex(Slightly less than 100). Which in fact is a really high number compared to any other game I have played(except for WoW).

I have arrived to a similar conclusion as yours. I like to think of Hex's business model like a mobile game. The only way to enjoy is having access to all the ''micro-transactions'' or play it ''free'' with extremely low expectations and the will to grind.

I don't have experience playing any other TCG so take this with a grain of salt.
    TCGs are generally an expensive hobby. Hex is actually very cheap in TCG terms. The thing about the hobby, though, is that you can recoup your costs by cashing out. It's entirely possible in Hex. The payments aren't "microtransactions", they are purchasing a good with a value. You play a random f2p game and any money you spend is gone forever. Money you spend in hex (or any TCG) is an investment (extreme example: Black Lotus in MTG... people that opened that when they were first released and held on to them can now sell them somewhere in the range of $30,000). That's actually a huge draw for many people.

Infernal Professor
    I'm disappointed that no one responded to my Hex Prosperity Gospel spiel. Come on now, give me more of your Hex resources than you can afford to, and the shattered soul of Lycae will bless you with tenfold the wealth you pass on to me! I only need 50 billion platinum to buy a private jet, so I can spread the good word of giving stuff to me.

Is that not working? I can switch to something of a more Yen Buddhist tilt...