Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Almost 2016... long time from 2013

Almost 2016... long time from 2013

Wow its hard to believe I have been in Hex since the start of Alpha in 2013 and we are a tiddle away from 2016. It really saddens me that my favorite game in which I used to play about 17 hours a week I now maybe log in 45 mins a week. In all this time it has really given me the time to step back and look at Hex from a different perspective.

{ I for one looked at how much cash I have spent into this game achieving my 97% play-set of all three sets. (probably around 600 dollars or more) This is one of the reasons I dropped mtg and I at least have the physical cards from it. While my Hex cards do have a value, do they really when it comes to real life money.

{ I know PVE is coming but I have been hearing that for ages now. (arena grind doesn't really count imo as PVE there is no fun in it)

{ Guilds have diminished, I was in Hex TCG Pro a really big guild at the start of this as well as some others that are no more. What has been the point of a guild thus far? Even alot of the big named streamers on Twitch don't anymore.

{ Proving grounds is 75% of the reason I play HEX, but nothing has been done to make that more enjoyable, only things to make it more unenjoyable, like removing the name of whom you are playing against, locking you out from doing anything for a few minutes hoping they click accept to your challenge. Or you could click play random opponent and again get locked out from doing anything while you wait anywhere from 1-15 minutes from someone to join. (Always lower time when a new set comes out) Again you always here of some sort of ladder, some sort of something will come one day to make it more appealing to play in the proving grounds.

{ Alot of my friends that I enticed to join Hex that didn't want to put any money into a game unless they really enjoyed it have fallen away. They basically said you start off all excited, get a deck do trials and find out you cant win in proving grounds against peeps that have power cards, and they couldn't complete arena to get any substantial amounts of gold. The power cards if they where being sold for gold was astronomical. A couple of friends even put a few bucks in to draft and didn't have the best of luck in their packs and either lost or won a match to get one pack. And after that 20 bucks was gone they still didn't have anything from those packs to sell for alot of plat or make any decks worth playing. Their summary was this game is a cash cow. And when I look back at what I have spent in it I am starting to feel the same. Even though I love a great TCG. And hex is one of them to me or I wouldn't of invested what I have thus far.

{ All and all though I have to make a decision to not keep throwing wood into the HEX fire when its poring buckets and the only time it stops raining for a moment is when a New set is released. This game has got to go some where soon with some major changes. The fun factor in all aspects PVP and PVE injected into it like the needle in the heart from PULP FICTION. I know I can't change it because peeps think their cards have this real life value but the cards are way to expensive for the great rares and legendaries. No card should be over 5 bucks in a digital format. But peeps pay what the seller wants. Heck I have coughed up the loot for my vamp kings and Angel of dawns Reese, etc. If you wanna compete you better have em. And that is where lies the problem in HEX with key cards being that expensive the conclusion by new players is If ya wanna compete in this game you gotta spend some serious cash or hope Kismet is extra nice to ya. Yes their are exception decks that can win better than 50% but we all know to compete you gotta have those staple deck cards.

Something can be expensive without being worth a lot once you own it.
    Last edited by Phenteo; 10-09-2015 at 02:34 PM.

Gigantisaur
    Quote Originally Posted by dogmod View Post
    Something can be expensive without being worth a lot once you own it.
    This applies so much to purchasing and redeeming sleeve codes
    Buying Gold 120 gold per platinum details Here

IGN ALCHEMY KICKSTARTER BACKER MEMBER OF THE UNNAMED COUNCIL

Please don't attack a user who spends time to provide constructive criticisms.
    -Phenteo, Former Community Manager and Egg Giver
    Twitter: @CM_Phenteo | @HEXTCG

"It's polite to say thank you when someone gives you a gift, human." -Phenteo

The Transcended
    I'll rephrase for political correctness and hopefully avoid censorship this time:
    "How can the OP claim that his collection is worthless while simultaneously claiming that the cards cost too much?"

Seems pretty clear he is saying that he can't extract real world currency back out of his investments, which is not true. It's just not easy, you cant walk into any hobby shop and plop down some hex cards and walk away with money. At this point your items do have value, just difficult to extract value. That almost certainly will change as the game gains popularity, but I get where he's coming from right now.
    ----
    http://i.imgur.com/I1MZpF8.png
    HexEnt is too long to type, They're HXE now.
    I am currently trading my unused GK code for a new Tesla Model S P85D
    Feel free to contact me for where you can have it shipped.

The Transcended
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwaer View Post
    Seems pretty clear he is saying that he can't extract real world currency back out of his investments, which is not true. It's just not easy, you cant walk into any hobby shop and plop down some hex cards and walk away with money. At this point your items do have value, just difficult to extract value. That almost certainly will change as the game gains popularity, but I get where he's coming from right now.
    That makes some sense, though it would just be a point of education then of knowing how to go to the 3rd party market and either get cheaper goods or sell off goods for real money, whichever one he's most needing to fix to solve his complaints.

I can agree that collection values are a bit low right now in terms of $US (hoping we get an official answer about exchange rates soon), but that means that it is also a good cheap time to buy. I've seen boosters selling for 70 cents!
    Last edited by Yoss; 10-09-2015 at 03:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoss View Post
    I'll rephrase for political correctness and hopefully avoid censorship this time:
    "How can the OP claim that his collection is worthless while simultaneously claiming that the cards cost too much?"
    Because the cash prices for buying cards are vastly higher than the cash prices for selling them. Since cashing out is an unreliable third-party process that's not supported by the developers, you'll lose a lot of money if you ever intend to get any money back from what you've spent.

I'm not saying that this is the only way to look at the value of a collection, but it isn't a wrong way.
    Keep Name: Shalott
    Proud member of Clan Blackblade.

The Transcended
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilo24 View Post
    Because the cash prices for buying cards are vastly higher than the cash prices for selling them. Since cashing out is an unreliable third-party process that's not supported by the developers, you'll lose a lot of money if you ever intend to get any money back from what you've spent.

I'm not saying that this is the only way to look at the value of a collection, but it isn't a wrong way.
    The cash price spread is only high if you go to semi-official stores like hexprimal and fiveshards. If you cut out the middle man, the price spread is nearly zero, but as you say you've then got higher risk for scam. Still, if you work with people you "know" in the Hex community, you can get your risk pretty low.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoss View Post
    The cash price spread is only high if you go to semi-official stores like hexprimal and fiveshards. If you cut out the middle man, the price spread is nearly zero, but as you say you've then got higher risk for scam. Still, if you work with people you "know" in the Hex community, you can get your risk pretty low.
    Easy to say as someone who has been here a long time. Hard to advise someone who is new to the community. Heck I have been here a long time and not sure how I would go about extracting maximum value ...