Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Scheduled prize structure.

Gigantisaur
    I think the logic with the 1-3 not getting packs because you want only winners to get packs is a bit illogical.

So you are saying a person that goes 1-3 is a loser. They did win one game. This would suggest that indeed they are not a loser. However you could say that it revolves around the entire match. So then why should a 2-2 and a 3-1 gets rewards? They lost games. Should then not the prize structure only exist for the 4-0 winner?

The structure as it is set will have a 0-3 player conceding the final game because there is no point to it. That is a problem actually with the design. If you set the system where only the 4-0 won packs, by the final game, only the 3-0's would be left. However that would reward winners, as a 2-2 and a 3-1 are NOT winners.

The reason that scheduled has a stronger pack output has nothing to do with " Best of the Best" mentality. It has to do with the time factor both in commitment to "4" matches and to a structured start time.

In short either 1-3 is a winner or 2-2 and 3-1 are not.
    The art work for opening the chest is very nice.

Give 1-3 a thousand gold as a participation prize.
    Soon™
    IGN - Mitthrawnuruodo
    One half of the "Frick and Frack of negativity".

We have formats that pay out casually. Stop trying to turn every format we have into a casual playground. There are plenty of people who love the competitive payout formats and would want even higher top heavy formats

Quote Originally Posted by poizonous View Post
    We have formats that pay out casually. Stop trying to turn every format we have into a casual playground. There are plenty of people who love the competitive payout formats and would want even higher top heavy formats
    I'd play 8-4 draft at once - just saying

Anyway - if you want to be rewarded for every match you won there are the Swiss Queues and the Gauntlet, no need to make every single format casual.

Quote Originally Posted by Khazrakh View Post
    I'd play 8-4 draft at once - just saying

Anyway - if you want to be rewarded for every match you won there are the Swiss Queues and the Gauntlet, no need to make every single format casual.
    scheduled is swiss just saying^^ therefor it is a (from my pov "the only") reasonable point
    Wishlist
    Timezone: GMT+1

Well competitive tournaments in TCGs have always been swiss... Hex just introduced Casual tournaments as swiss originally which could leave people confused. Swiss is the MAIN format for TCG tournaments

Quote Originally Posted by Eierdotter View Post
    scheduled is swiss just saying^^ therefor it is a (from my pov "the only") reasonable point
    Aye you're right, thought of the Swiss Draft Queue

Okay, the bottom half of swiss draft gets 25% of the prizes. The bottom half of scheduled sealed gets 14% of the prizes. The scheduled event is more top heavy in virtually every way, if this discussion is about taking more prizes away from the bottom 75% and giving them to the top 25% I'm all for it. I'd love for the scheduled events to be more top heavy than they are.
    ----
    http://i.imgur.com/I1MZpF8.png
    HexEnt is too long to type, They're HXE now.
    I am currently trading my unused GK code for a new Tesla Model S P85D
    Feel free to contact me for where you can have it shipped.

High Tomb Lord
    i feel like this is de-railing slightly......especially when people dont know all the variables.

everyone is thinking i WANT a reward for the wins im just asking why there isn't and wondered if it could be a future change and from the answers we've discussed i see the reasons for how it is and happy I've asked you all.

as for the above talking about casuals and time i myself am invested in the game from kickstarter for a fair amount and i have a full time job. So lets leave that bit where it is.....
    Also im not looking to change tournaments to casual mode.

im thinking there's not much more to be said about this all but better to keep it exactly on topic too.

Quote Originally Posted by Eierdotter View Post
    Swiss is a pairing structure not a prizing structure. You can have too heavy Swiss just like you can have a more spread out one.
    Visit Youtube: FunktionFails & Twitch: FunktionFails for hex based videos, articles and more.
    Find me on twitter @FunktionFails

Less fail, more funktion!