Page 6 of 37 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: IQ Results - And what the real problem is with the current metagame

Gigantisaur
    Majesty! Not Song you're mixing your TCGs
    Buying Gold 120 gold per platinum details Here

IGN ALCHEMY KICKSTARTER BACKER MEMBER OF THE UNNAMED COUNCIL

Gigantisaur
    Rootfather is the closest a rare has gotten to legendary. I was surprised at how powerful that card was compared to any other creature in the game. You get an 8/8 with a minor and major gem slot for a 7 cost. Now by itself, that would actually be the power of a rare. Then they add the legendary ability. A player can choose to cycle this card back into their deck for 2 AND reduce its casting cost by 2. Now a player can safely put 4 8/8 creatures with differing power effects in their deck with little concern for resource cost. Rootfather is not broke but it certainly has the power of a legendary card.

As has been discussed, certain gems should have been changed. A two red threshold for the damage gems would help but even that might not be strong enough. The spellshield gem should have been a major socket and not a minor one. Given that we know gems will rotate, imagine the fun that will be had with the "Indestructible" gem.

The other problem with this game is the serious lack of patches to repair known bugs, while attempting a major tournament. It is not if, but when one of those bugs occurs during one of the major games, what will they do? They do not have a written set of rules that dictate actions outside of the programming. Random is already a pain to have to deal with, now imagine losing due to an unresolved bug issue. The tournament should have been used to promote the game when it went live, not while still in Beta, bugged and with no official rule set.
    Last edited by Mahes; 11-01-2015 at 08:54 AM.
    The art work for opening the chest is very nice.

Me and Vazrael were consistently beating cresida decks yesterday, jadiim jedi too with an incantation of ascendance deck... its not unbeatable, a scary match up yes.

Basically the reason the decks we ran worked is this... you have early removal/control (burn, bolt, time ripple, heat wave to name a few of those answers) for several meta cards (pucks/braves/vamp princess/periwinkle etc)

Several troops that are being used have an impact when entering play (tunnelers, quick/dmg azurefate, incantation of ascendance etc)

This gets around meta cards like extinction, crocosaur and so on, but also means your opponent has to have answers for when the tunnelers are going to pop-up or when that incantation will transform, thus you are likely disrupting their tempo.

Don't get me wrong though, the threat of a possible rootfather is always scary tho TT

Quote Originally Posted by ossuary View Post
    No, these kinds of things have come up before, and that's NOT actually intuitive. Think of Sniper of Gawaine. He fires an arrow at you when he comes into play. If, in response to him firing his arrow, you Murder him... his arrow is still fired. You are still getting hit. Killing the source does not stop the damage, after the damaging effect has already been initiated. That's how it is, and how it should be. That line of thinking isn't going to change.

There are plenty of other ways to deal with the situation, though. Just as long as they do SOMETHING.
    Except that it doesn't work like that with martyr or cripple. We don't even know it is meant to work like it does we are just assuming based off magic rules. Which in thise have to have the exact some rule with the exact same wording.

How many people on the forums can even explain why martyr prevent the damage but murder doesn't?
    Your sig is probably embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by havocattack View Post
    Me and Vazrael were consistently beating cresida decks yesterday, jadiim jedi too with an incantation of ascendance deck... its not unbeatable, a scary match up yes.

Basically the reason the decks we ran worked is this... you have early removal/control (burn, bolt, time ripple, heat wave to name a few of those answers) for several meta cards (pucks/braves/vamp princess/periwinkle etc)

Several troops that are being used have an impact when entering play (tunnelers, quick/dmg azurefate, incantation of ascendance etc)

This gets around meta cards like extinction, crocosaur and so on, but also means your opponent has to have answers for when the tunnelers are going to pop-up or when that incantation will transform, thus you are likely disrupting their tempo.

Don't get me wrong though, the threat of a possible rootfather is always scary tho TT
    you got the list ?

Quote Originally Posted by stiii View Post
    Except that it doesn't work like that with martyr or cripple. We don't even know it is meant to work like it does we are just assuming based off magic rules. Which in thise have to have the exact some rule with the exact same wording.

How many people on the forums can even explain why martyr prevent the damage but murder doesn't?
    If you are asking why it works differently, I could tell you. If you are asking how many people could repeat that info... A couple of handfuls I'd guess.

But I guess that is your point in a nutshell - it is so obscure that it becomes unintuitive to the masses.
    Xenavire, proud guild leader for The Lions Share.
    http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...erlinsmall.png

Quote Originally Posted by pyrovoice View Post
    you got the list ?
    I'm sure it will be on the hex site soon xD

I know about the incantation deck...I tested a deck thats almost the same...burn, heat, wave, cm, ripple, wrenlocke, ragefire,mastery, arcane zephyr...basically i tested the same deck but without incantation but salt harpy instead (which is interesting on its own since we tested the same core idea). The thing is that the ramp matchup and b/d is not good enough imo and that the deck can fizzle if it doesnt find wrenlocke soon enough. I actually thought about incantation myself but I ended up with salt harpy instead since it works better with the curve and arcane zephyr and masteries. Basically I dont play oracle song or divination but 4 masteries and 4 peeks instead (maybe you play peek as well...i only know an incantation list that does not)

I cant see how the deck beats ramp reliably. We discussed the incantation deck yesteraday in our guild and we came to the conclusion that the matchup might be ok but certainly far from being a reliable counter.

That being said its very much possible to beat a ramp deck 4 times in a row or even more. Like I said...the worst opponent of the ramp deck is still the top of their own deck all the time.

If your response is that you tested like 30 bo3s against ramp and you won like 20 or more i might reconsider my statement. The IQ alone is just not enough to say it beats ramp consistently.

edit: I might be doing you not justice by the whole comparison. I know you play reese. I didnt know you played azurefate. If you play azurefate you probably dont even play wrenlocke. So maybe your deck works better. It will be interesting to see the exact list. The question remains. Did you do a large number of test-matches ? Would you say your win-rate over this large number of bo3s is over 60% ? How well does it against mono blood and b/d ?
    Last edited by Metronomy; 11-01-2015 at 11:18 AM.

MOno blod is bane for that deck, altough i lost to JJ in the end. Mono b is stil heavily favooured. Topugh Jjs deck was really gogd there, incubations webs on VKs/phenteos was realy interesting and devastating too me. You would not realy expect that card in constructedm but its actualy insane good saphire way for removal.
    As for Ascedence vs ramp i talked with JJ during IQ he told me it has decent mathc up but it donest lock it.

Played againt that dekc 3 times in the IQ. Only JJ won thanks to incubation webs.
    Last edited by Elwinz; 11-01-2015 at 12:00 PM.
    Proud Champion tier backer

Quote Originally Posted by stiii View Post

Martyr removes the attack value via transformation. Murder just gets the card off the field.