Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Cleric Talent Tree Reveal

Quote Originally Posted by Showsni View Post
    Well, as a theoretical you could have an icon stationed at a town on the world map, click a nearby dungeon, set off along a road to get there and be "ambushed by Shin'hare!" or whatever and have to fight a random encounter.

We already know there's Location based chat, so presumably using that you'll only be able to chat with people stationed at the same place you are (town for sure, and maybe dungeon or whatever). Which implies a model of actually being based at a specific town and travelling to nearby dungeons, rather than being some omniscient being who can click anywhere on the map and instantly zip there... But who knows? (If that is the case, would each class have a different starting point on the map? Or maybe just one for Ardent and one for Underworld... But that would effectively double the starting questline if they need to design one for each faction.)
    This seems cool in theory, but I think it would be very difficult to pull off without it being kind of annoying in one way or another.

Option 1 : random encounters that drop common equipment / cards / just XP : The rewards would pretty quickly not be worth the time spent, and it would be a barrier between you and what you actually wanted to do in the time you'd allotted for HEX. The most efficient choice might end up being to just concede immediately so as to not waste any time.

Option 2 : random encounters that have a chance of dropping rare / unique cards / equipment : The rewards would be worth it, but getting those rewards would probably involve triggering the correct random encounter over and over again, which would be tedious and probably not very fun compared to running a dungeon, etc.

I might be being too pessimistic, but a lot of PvE is probably going to be running dungeons / encounters hoping for a particular drop once you've completed the campaign. Making that harder by either randomly putting a barrier between you and the dungeon you want to run or making the "dungeon" you want to run a random encounter both seem like sub-optimal play experiences.

And setting all of that up would likely take as much developer time / effort as setting up a set of encounters for a dungeon.

Still, it does sound like a neat way to make you feel like you're traveling from place to place, and I'd love to be surprised by a clever implementation of it that I'm not thinking of.

Devoted Emissary
    We saw some 100+ things in the warrior tree as well, but the only with 150+ so far is Dwarves
    IGN: Jensling
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/jensling

Quick disclaimer. I don't feel "entitled" to anything, nor am I in any position to demand things.
    This isn't some arrogant or final judgment, but rather my way to relief some frustration and
    check if anyone else shares these sentiments.

So without starting a big discussion or justifying these feelings I d like to get things off my chest.
    Overall I feel betrayed in terms of communication and implied hope.
    From the moment the kickstarter started until today, it is my observation that
    HEX Entertainment has severely abused ambiguous statements and "we like to/we aim for".

What I mean by that is, they have been moderately careful not to "promise" any specifics.
    Yet on multiple occasions made statements that were likely (not explicitly) to be interpreted
    in very optimistic or enthusiastic ways. Again it isn't my intention to start digging out quotations
    to argue about these things. Some of it is intuition, and some is strict rhetorical observation.

So this has been very vague so far. What is my problem? Just one generic example:

-Cory stated how high his goals and standards for HEX are. (best MMO TCG ever etc)
    -But no one was kind enough to admit that this is going to take more than 5-8 years.

-HEX Ent. uses words and phrases as if they were on a Blizzcon or big E3 panel.
    -But the progress of this game is closer to an Indie developer than a giant Enterprise

I don't mind the speed (even if I d love for things to go quicker), since they work their ass
    off to keep the quality close to the big studios. But why not give a fair warning that things
    are realistically going to take FOREVER compared to the schedules that we are used to
    by other companies?

Now you can argue about common sense and realistic hopes. But there is a huge difference
    between sharing long term goals and being honest about time/energy/money/resources required.

For me the HEX experience so far has been a very very frustrating ride with an invisible carrot
    in front of my face. And it required a lot of self restraint and realism to keep my hopes for each year
    since the kickstarter in check. Because HEX Ent. gave their best in fostering hype/hope despite
    the fact that they had to realize sooner or later how much bigger their overall undertaking was going to be.
    And even though there were small concessions and warnings along the way, the overall message
    kept being "almost... any second now... soon... amazing/so big... just wait... silence... just a little..."

I have my own reasons of believing and heavily investing in HEX. Money, time, love...
    Waiting and observing, preparing a career around esports, streaming etc. For over 2 years.
    I wont blame anyone else than myself for the decisions and risks I take in this case, but
    given how awesome this community is and how generally amazing HEX Ent. behaves in all
    other aspects ... it shocks and surprises me that I still feel lied to every time I read an article.

If I had known that it would take so much longer for the prime features of HEX to be ready,
    I couldve prepared accordingly. I m not mad that HEX takes long to become absolutely amazing.
    It was always wired to hear these giant expectations within such a short amount of time and
    with such a small team etc. But you made me believe for better or worse and not trust my
    better judgment.

In the end this doesn't change much for me. The Twitch stream (twitch.tv/whitephoenixtv) will still
    run and focus primarily on HEX for as long as I can justify it. All in the hopes that it still wont take
    as long for HEX to be mainstream playable, with massive content for casuals as well as regular
    content for E-Sport contestants, as I fear it will take.
    Seeing this article makes it appear that this game has no realistic chance to meet these goals before
    2017. If you guys are honest about these things, we have a fair chance of planning accordingly.

Now I realize that I m in a very small minority when it comes to my desire of building parts
    of my life around HEX in such a strong manner. But maybe a couple of people here feel similar.

If you think that these feelings aren't justified whatsoever, your welcome to state and explain so.
    Just be aware that I don't intend to argue the validity of this post. As such please don't be disappointed
    or misinterpret my silence if I don't reply.

I dont know ... maybe I m just an idiot for reading things the way I did ...
    But so far in life I cant remember being so naive or incapable of accurate interpretation of words.
    Last edited by NaryaDL0re; 01-08-2016 at 03:19 PM.

-2 1/2 years after they predicted the game would be completely done (kickstarter delivery date) we still have nothing but soon

-to me it reads we will only get talents up to level 10

-looks like they silently cut half the race class combos

-clerics cant actually heal other players (the main reason i was really looking forward to playing a cleric, since it would let you feel like an actual healer

-you will need to respec talents every time you change the theme of your deck the way they are now.

High Tomb Lord
    Quote Originally Posted by malloc31 View Post
    -clerics cant actually heal other players (the main reason i was really looking forward to playing a cleric, since it would let you feel like an actual healer.
    Really? I mean honestly really? Be sensible Raids are a long way to go now do you really want them to add a system for a feature that is god knows how far off? "I can't heal other players that's bs." What other players? Now we might see Raids this year we might not but to add the ability to heal other players when raiding is not even vaguely spoiled is ridiculous and just really mean to bitch at Hex for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by NOBLERooster
    Ozawa You Lore Hound!
    IGN: OzawaWanderer

http://i.imgur.com/fro8laQ.png

Gigantisaur
    Quote Originally Posted by NaryaDL0re View Post
    Quick disclaimer. I don't feel "entitled" to anything, nor am I in any position to demand things.
    This isn't some arrogant or final judgment, but rather my way to relief some frustration and
    check if anyone else shares these sentiments.

So without starting a big discussion or justifying these feelings I d like to get things off my chest.
    Overall I feel betrayed in terms of communication and implied hope.
    From the moment the kickstarter started until today, it is my observation that
    HEX Entertainment has severely abused ambiguous statements and "we like to/we aim for".

What I mean by that is, they have been moderately careful not to "promise" any specifics.
    Yet on multiple occasions made statements that were likely (not explicitly) to be interpreted
    in very optimistic or enthusiastic ways. Again it isn't my intention to start digging out quotations
    to argue about these things. Some of it is intuition, and some is strict rhetorical observation.

So this has been very vague so far. What is my problem? Just one generic example:

-Cory stated how high his goals and standards for HEX are. (best MMO TCG ever etc)
    -But no one was kind enough to admit that this is going to take more than 5-8 years.

-HEX Ent. uses words and phrases as if they were on a Blizzcon or big E3 panel.
    -But the progress of this game is closer to an Indie developer than a giant Enterprise

I don't mind the speed (even if I d love for things to go quicker), since they work their ass
    off to keep the quality close to the big studios. But why not give a fair warning that things
    are realistically going to take FOREVER compared to the schedules that we are used to
    by other companies?

Now you can argue about common sense and realistic hopes. But there is a huge difference
    between sharing long term goals and being honest about time/energy/money/resources required.

For me the HEX experience so far has been a very very frustrating ride with an invisible carrot
    in front of my face. And it required a lot of self restraint and realism to keep my hopes for each year
    since the kickstarter in check. Because HEX Ent. gave their best in fostering hype/hope despite
    the fact that they had to realize sooner or later how much bigger their overall undertaking was going to be.
    And even though there were small concessions and warnings along the way, the overall message
    kept being "almost... any second now... soon... amazing/so big... just wait... silence... just a little..."

I have my own reasons of believing and heavily investing in HEX. Money, time, love...
    Waiting and observing, preparing a career around esports, streaming etc. For over 2 years.
    I wont blame anyone else than myself for the decisions and risks I take in this case, but
    given how awesome this community is and how generally amazing HEX Ent. behaves in all
    other aspects ... it shocks and surprises me that I still feel lied to every time I read an article.

If I had known that it would take so much longer for the prime features of HEX to be ready,
    I couldve prepared accordingly. I m not mad that HEX takes long to become absolutely amazing.
    It was always wired to hear these giant expectations within such a short amount of time and
    with such a small team etc. But you made me believe for better or worse and not trust my
    better judgment.

In the end this doesn't change much for me. The Twitch stream (twitch.tv/whitephoenixtv) will still
    run and focus primarily on HEX for as long as I can justify it. All in the hopes that it still wont take
    as long for HEX to be mainstream playable, with massive content for casuals as well as regular
    content for E-Sport contestants, as I fear it will take.
    Seeing this article makes it appear that this game has no realistic chance to meet these goals before
    2017. If you guys are honest about these things, we have a fair chance of planning accordingly.

Now I realize that I m in a very small minority when it comes to my desire of building parts
    of my life around HEX in such a strong manner. But maybe a couple of people here feel similar.

If you think that these feelings aren't justified whatsoever, your welcome to state and explain so.
    Just be aware that I don't intend to argue the validity of this post. As such please don't be disappointed
    or misinterpret my silence if I don't reply.

I dont know ... maybe I m just an idiot for reading things the way I did ...
    But so far in life I cant remember being so naive or incapable of accurate interpretation of words.
    \

This sums up why I finally stopped playing. I come here hoping that maybe I jumped the gun and they really were going to release an awesome product soon, but so far this just continues to support my decision. I am curious how long is too long for even the hardcore players at this point? The PvE will be out maybe in March from the sounds of it as they keep running into bugs that even delay release announcements. Set 3 will be out right hated by then, as any delay with this also delays Set 4.
    The art work for opening the chest is very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by McCloud68 View Post
    But what that above quote does imply or pretend to say, is that PvE Launch is weeks away at best. Somehow I feel the masses will not be in the mood for another month or two wait.
    That's why I explicitly recommended players not draw conclusions from that line.
    Please tweet me @HEXWilliam for a reliable, quick response. Thank you.

High Tomb Lord
    Hex will have to do worse then this for me to give up on it.. *eye roll at complaining*
    Quote Originally Posted by NOBLERooster
    Ozawa You Lore Hound!
    IGN: OzawaWanderer

http://i.imgur.com/fro8laQ.png

Quote Originally Posted by Shaqattaq View Post
    That's why I explicitly recommended players not draw conclusions from that line.
    Too late shaqattaq conclusions were drawn, people are sad, salt was spilled
    Last edited by Rhaknam13; 01-08-2016 at 03:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NaryaDL0re View Post
    For me the HEX experience so far has been a very very frustrating ride with an invisible carrot in front of my face.
    So very true for me too unfortunately. May be it was just my mistake thinking of Hex like of a masterpiece we'll get really soon. Now I tend to think about it like about a pretty good game with all promised features we'll get in a year or two, and not to believe any promises. Don't want to be negative, but it's how I feel now.
    Still, I hope for the best.