Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: VIP Sleeves

VIP Sleeves

So... somehow I didn't realize my VIP sub ran out December 21st and wasn't auto-renewing. I just re-subscribed. However, I'm worried about the VIP sleeves. Are they for the previous 12 months or the following 12 months? Am I still going to be able to get this year's sleeves?

It only applies if you buy the time in bulk, accumulated months of sub (renewing sub) do not count afaik.

If you bought a full year in one go, then you should get sleeves for either the first round (if you didn't have it) or the next round (if you had the first.)
    Xenavire, proud guild leader for The Lions Share.
    http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...erlinsmall.png

So, I have the first set of sleeves (we're still on the first one, right?). I actually didn't realize it wasn't cumulative, so I'll be switching to 1 year as soon as this new sub runs out then.

That still leaves the question... do you need to buy the 1 year before the sleeves are released or after the sleeves are released?

wonder when the 2nd sleeve will be introduced
    King

Quote Originally Posted by kingzzk View Post
    wonder when the 2nd sleeve will be introduced
    Q: Who gets the sleeve? Will the VIP sleeve reward rotate?
    A: The VIP sleeve is available to players who have purchased at least 12 months of the previous VIP subscription or will purchase the 1 year option. Each year there will be a different VIP sleeve and these new sleeves will appear every July.
    From the FAQ: https://www.hextcg.com/vip-returning-faq/

I've got plenty of time, I just need to make sure I do this right.

Quote Originally Posted by Svenn View Post
    So... somehow I didn't realize my VIP sub ran out December 21st and wasn't auto-renewing. I just re-subscribed. However, I'm worried about the VIP sleeves. Are they for the previous 12 months or the following 12 months? Am I still going to be able to get this year's sleeves?
    If you re-subscribed at the 12 months level, then you will get the sleeve, tickets, and packs for the year. If you subbed at a month or 3 months you will need to wait until that is up to renew at the year. You have until at least June of this year to re-sub to get the first VIP sleeve.
    -Phenteo, Former Community Manager and Egg Giver
    Twitter: @CM_Phenteo | @HEXTCG

"It's polite to say thank you when someone gives you a gift, human." -Phenteo

Quote Originally Posted by Phenteo View Post
    If you re-subscribed at the 12 months level, then you will get the sleeve, tickets, and packs for the year. If you subbed at a month or 3 months you will need to wait until that is up to renew at the year. You have until at least June of this year to re-sub to get the first VIP sleeve.
    Already got the first year. For the second year (when it's released), if I sub 1 year now would it award the second year when it goes up or does the sub need to occur after the new sleeve is available (meaning if I subbed 1 year in April and the new sleeve goes up in July... I'd have to wait until next April to get the new 1 year sleeve)?
    Last edited by Svenn; 01-24-2016 at 10:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Svenn View Post
    Already got the first year. For the second year (when it's released), if I sub 1 year now would it award the second year when it goes up or does the sub need to occur after the new sleeve is available (meaning if I subbed 1 year in April and the new sleeve goes up in July... I'd have to wait until next April to get the new 1 year sleeve)?
    I would need to double-check, but I believe that in order for you to get next year's sleeve, you need to resub after June.

I would like some clarification on this as well, as we were originally told that if we had an active 12 month subscription when the rollover occurred, we would get the new sleeves immediately. People were concerned that if they had an active sub, they wouldn't get the new sleeves until they resubbed, which could theoretically be as much as 11 months later.

This is especially relevant to people who bought multiple years when that was a thing (who were also told that we would be getting year 1 VIP and year 2 VIP sleeves as long as our subscription overlapped their release dates).
    --ossuary

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
    - Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well

Oss, the first VIP sleeve would go to anyone who had previously purchased at least 12 months of VIP. For future VIP, you may have to wait for your sub to lapse. I'm not fully sure, so will need to rope back when I have the final answer.

I understand wanting the sleeve right away, the issue is, anyone who purchases a VIP sub after the June date would get the current VIP sleeve and then also get next year's sleeve. Purchasing one year should only give you one sleeve.