Page 20 of 33 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Dream Deck with equipment is crazy.

nicosharp kindly assembled a Arena Tier list thread in the S&D forums, but I'll cross-post why I'm not a fan of the Dream Eagle nerf:

Mono-Ruby Slaughtergears' - Aggro
    Armies of Moth - Aggro

Xentoth's Lab - Midrange w/control lean
    Dream a Little Dream - Combo, now defunct
    Blue Slaughter - Aggro
    Dwarf/Robot Affinity - Aggro

Terrormill - Control Combo, now far less consistent and slower, may not even qualify to be in this thread anymore.
    Keeping it Regular - Aggro
    Leeching Blood - Aggro
    Mono Ruby Orc Affinity- Aggro
    Sly Huntress - Aggro Combo
    Monowild Dinos - Aggro

Maggot Storm - Combo, possibly trash now, will have to test.
    Wild Arena - Aggro
    Praying to the Mountain God - Aggro
    Colin's Brood! - Aggro
    Archmage - Midrange w/aggro lean
    Red Ruby Rebels - Aggro

Hammering on the Walls - Midrange w/control lean
    Zomboni - Midrange

12 out of 19 decks are aggro based.
    4 out of 19 are midrange (with one leaning towards aggro)
    3 out of 19 are combo (with one being Control Combo)
    0 out of 19 are control (although it could be 1/19 if you take Terrormill away from combo)

That was WITH Dream Eagles + gloves. All 3 combo decks might no longer qualify to even be in this thread [tier decklist thread], aka - can't clear arena consistently.

So if Dream Eagle is/was so broken, then why is aggro so prominent (they don't even have/need DE in the deck)? If we're looking at the strength of a PvE card, then let's see how it warps PvE decks. It doesn't. Not even close. In fact, aggro is still the way to go if you want fast, easy, consistent PvE decks. And that's because it's faster and stronger than what the AI can deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingrags View Post
    That they can and will nerf the PVE portion of the game has been comunicaded extremly clearly. I even believe Cory said something inline with "buyesr beware".

The PVP portion of the game will however not be touched in this way.
    I doubt many people dispute that the deck need to be depowered somewhat just like Slaughtergear does. Nuking it to from orbit was over the top.
    Last edited by Tazelbain; 04-07-2016 at 09:13 AM.

The only thing I can think that would warrant a nerf like this is the full Dream deck trivialising late game Campaign content - like, maybe the dream deck just smashes some tough AZ4 encounters (once you've unlocked enough slots on your shard grid) that are otherwise tuned to be able to cope with strong PvE decks.

Kind of reminds me of what happened to Zodiac Chimes and Doppelgadget. Hey, there's a popular new deck doing what we designed it to do! Oh no, people are complaining in the forum! BAM! Smash it with the nerfhammer! Ha, people will never play with those cards again!

Haven't tried it myself but I can imagine the deck is still viable when played with an awfull lot of fixing.
    (like: Adaptable Infusion Device, Resource Optimizing Infusion Device, Lixil, the Deathless Gem, Royal Herald)
    Best regards
    Fredrik
    King and captain backer

Quote Originally Posted by Quantius View Post

So if Dream Eagle is/was so broken
    Being broken/overpowered is not the only thing that might warrant a nerf. In this case Dream Eagle playset was an auto-include in any deck that had a glove equipment slot to spare (because it thins out your deck by 4 at worst). That reduces deckbuilding variety and creativity and is bad for the game. Even if it only looked at the top 1 card, it's not acceptable to have this kind of card being playable for free without any drawback.

Quote Originally Posted by bootlace View Post
    Being broken/overpowered is not the only thing that might warrant a nerf. In this case Dream Eagle playset was an auto-include in any deck that had a glove equipment slot to spare (because it thins out your deck by 4 at worst). That reduces deckbuilding variety and creativity and is bad for the game. Even if it only looked at the top 1 card, it's not acceptable to have this kind of card being playable for free without any drawback.
    I totally agree with that sentiment about Dream Eagle, however, still think 2x threshold was a bit much. Adding a cost or a single threshold would have had it vying to compete again for all glove slot options in decks.

With that said though, I'm not surprised they are still delaying the release of Spectral Acorn, because you better believe it will have the same deckbuilding effect on the game, to an even more extreme level, and will be a lot harder for them to make further changes to.

Kind of like Slaughtergears'... 'Money talks' a lot more than 'Free to Play' does.

more wondering why the hell would anyone want to play a deck that trivializes the whole game and has close to zero interaction with the game?

and once raids get put in just make that super lame too?

holy get a grip ppl.

also its been stated plenty of times for pve things will get nerfed as needed.

if it feels like it is waaaay too overpowered for how much it cost you to buy, how long it took you to farm, how fast it takes you to farm a million gold, etc, most likely it will see a nerf...or ya know everyone can just use the same deck and most probably really mess up the gold market.

its almost like all the qqers never played a game that balances before

Quote Originally Posted by bizznach View Post
    more wondering why the hell would anyone want to play a deck that trivializes the whole game and has close to zero interaction with the game?

and once raids get put in just make that super lame too?

holy get a grip ppl.

also its been stated plenty of times for pve things will get nerfed as needed.

if it feels like it is waaaay too overpowered for how much it cost you to buy, how long it took you to farm, how fast it takes you to farm a million gold, etc, most likely it will see a nerf...or ya know everyone can just use the same deck and most probably really mess up the gold market.

its almost like all the qqers never played a game that balances before
    It was pretty darn fun to play. Most people that have played other games know that nerfing something is not the same as killing something. They didn't nerf the dream deck. They made it so it isn't possible. That's not how you balance a game, particularly one people have spent lots of money on.

I'm a bit surprised Hunger of the Mountain God didn't get throttled too, to be frank.

Quote Originally Posted by Showsni View Post
    The only thing I can think that would warrant a nerf like this is the full Dream deck trivialising late game Campaign content - like, maybe the dream deck just smashes some tough AZ4 encounters (once you've unlocked enough slots on your shard grid) that are otherwise tuned to be able to cope with strong PvE decks.

Kind of reminds me of what happened to Zodiac Chimes and Doppelgadget. Hey, there's a popular new deck doing what we designed it to do! Oh no, people are complaining in the forum! BAM! Smash it with the nerfhammer! Ha, people will never play with those cards again!
    Chimes and Dopplegadget was ridiculous and needed the nerf badly. And thanks to that nerf we have more freedom for the devs to create high cost artifacts with decent power. I mean, can you imagine something like Dopplegadget-Syyn dwarves? Doppelgadget is cheap enough to make strong effects like Syyn legitimately dangerous in the meta if the nerf hadn't happened.

Chimes being made unique might have been heavy handed, but in retrospect Periwinkle and similar effects may have made that dangerous too.
    Xenavire, proud guild leader for The Lions Share.
    http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...erlinsmall.png