Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Common Inflation

I made like 20k plat selling commons and uncommons when Arena launched, probably made 3k plat selling commons when Campaign launched.

It takes more effort than what it's worth though.

I like to hold out hope that each way to get a foil card depends on it's rarity.

For commons you need to craft/combine 100 of a specific common to get a foil verison of that card. Same for about 40 of a particular uncommon.

Rares, legends, and promos can have a different ruleset on how to get a foil version.

Quote Originally Posted by TOOT View Post
    I like to hold out hope that each way to get a foil card depends on it's rarity.

For commons you need to craft/combine 100 of a specific common to get a foil verison of that card. Same for about 40 of a particular uncommon.

Rares, legends, and promos can have a different ruleset on how to get a foil version.
    This would be awesome IMO. We need a way to suck these cards out of the system and this fits the bill. Not sure I see the need to foil promos though. Everything else I agree with.

So you need 400 of a common to make a playset can't you see how absurd that is?
    Member of The Unnamed Council - the Hex TCG PvE Guild
    Twice as nice as i seem and ten times as friendly.

When commons go for 3 plat, you can buy 100 of them for a whopping 300 plat which is on par with what plenty of similar cards go for like the Gold AA's from the store.

It increases demand for cards that are virtually useless/worthless. It gives something for people to do with thousands if not tens of thousands of cards sitting there doing nothing.

I'm eager to hear a better idea what you are going to do with your Cottontail Scouts or Vandalizes.

You just proved to me you don't understand supply and demand so read up about that to grasp the issue with your idea.
    Member of The Unnamed Council - the Hex TCG PvE Guild
    Twice as nice as i seem and ten times as friendly.

Since I'm such an idiot why don't you explain it to me. This should be good....

Actually you haven't proven anything, other than you are extremely dismissive. This is a great way to rebalance the oversupply problem and give us all something else to chase. We all know that commons can only go so high in price until pack cracking becomes profitable, so it would be a self correcting problem. It would be wicked whale bait and deal with the commons from campaign as well.

Don,t forget that Set 3 has been out since a while. I use to sell LOTS of common and uncommon for gold. New players have gold and want new cards which they acquire with their gold

I did not try recently and don't know if all common and uncommon still sell good for gold. That's one thing i liked about Hex economy the exchange for my no use common for gold.

When set 4 comes out, i'm sure commons and unco will be worth money again

Commons shouldn't really have any value. They are COMMON.