Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: set cycle in constructed format : your wishes ?

set cycle in constructed format : your wishes ?

Well, i played Hex since set 3 release. So right now it's a bit expensive to jump in constructed format if you want some kind of deck diversity in your disposal.

I really hope, set 1 and 2 will be gone with the released of set 5. Il would be a good move to lure new players and to hold back the players base lured by the pve content (if Hexe give us some news about set cycle rules soon)... and to incite older players like me to invest in the game.

After set 5, i hope a set every 4 months and 3 sets books/block. 2 last books allowed in constructed format.

Your wishes on that matter?

Rotating at set 5 is terrible idea. Why? We suffer from problem when meta is to stale because theyrs only 3sets available. We will be stil in the same boat in that case.
    Proud Champion tier backer

Yes maybe but in the other hand, 2 set out will be more a kick in the meta and with a set every 4 months stale state would be short, no ?

And after that point we will never get less than 4 sets in the standard and up to 6.
    Last edited by Gregangel; 02-28-2016 at 07:06 AM.

The block concept is dumb. Ditch it, 5 set rolling rotation. 1 leaves when 6 enters. 2 leaves with 7.

That seems like it would work. Whatever they decide they just need to tell us, so we know what to expect.

there is some mechanic synergy, some archetype logic and and lore inside two or 3 sets in a row. That's defend the concept of blocks and why sets of a same block must be dismissed together.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregangel View Post
    Well, i played Hex since set 3 release. So right now it's a bit expensive to jump in constructed format if you want some kind of deck diversity in your disposal.

I really hope, set 1 and 2 will be gone with the released of set 5. Il would be a good move to lure new players and to hold back the players base lured by the pve content (if Hexe give us some news about set cycle rules soon)... and to incite older players like me to invest in the game.

After set 5, i hope a set every 4 months and 3 sets books/block. 2 last books allowed in constructed format.

Your wishes on that matter?
    I'm not sure what i think about formats that small but it could be interesting i guess. But your point of attracting new players just doesn't work because they would be exactly where you are now two packs behind.
    Member of The Unnamed Council - the Hex TCG PvE Guild
    Twice as nice as i seem and ten times as friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazelbain View Post
    The block concept is dumb. Ditch it, 5 set rolling rotation. 1 leaves when 6 enters. 2 leaves with 7.
    I could get behind this. Something different to what other games are doing and would shake up the meta every set instead of every two sets.

I love the rolling sets idea. Sure, blocks have mechanical themes, but most of the cards stand alone just fine. The few that don't can be duds for awhile just like the many cards printed that aren't viable at all in constructed.

I want sets to retire as late as possible.

The existence of expensive cards is considered a good thing I believe. Constructed will always have a barrier to entry.
    Currently Most Wanted HEX development: AH overhaul

http://i633.photobucket.com/albums/u...psee8e7213.png

Our CzE Recruitment Thread: http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=24252