I would like to suggest a new feature in Hex which I would call as "Hex Gift" (or if generous enough, Public Gift ).
There are already many gifts in Hex, like Gift of Yazukan, Pippit's Gift, Gront's Gift, Phenteo's Gift, but this will truly be a gift and the best gift.

This topic is related to resources but itís somewhat/slightly different than other threads/suggestions. (I would rather not want to change or update any of the existing game concepts like mulligan, etc.).

Now to the point:
Basically "Hex Gift" will be a new button in the Game client during gameplay that will become active on turn 5 only.(initially button will be disabled). And the condition for the "Hex Gift" button to become active on turn 5 will be that if the player has 2 or less resources played and no shards in hand. When this button is active on turn 5, and when it is clicked the client will create a new random shard and place it in the playerís hand, and then this button will be disabled for the rest of the game.

A gift from hex in the direst of times, hence Hex Gift.

So to sum it up; I just want ONE and only ONE resource in the entire gameplay from hex; that too, if only I meet the =< 2 shard threshold.

In my humble opinion this will definitely give a small surviving chance to a player on shard screw. (Shard flooding is another fun story )

Regards