Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Hoping for Set 4 before [insert month here]

I don't get it. If you have a budget and want to spend the budget, you can buy platinum and wait. You'll have that much more gameplay at your disposal later when it does release.
    In-game: Obsidian || Collector backer || Starting a guild for Newbies -- "The Cerulea Acadamy"
    Quote Originally Posted by Aradon View Post
    Cory is a man of unrelenting promises and optimism!

Quote Originally Posted by Aradon View Post
    I don't get it. If you have a budget and want to spend the budget, you can buy platinum and wait. You'll have that much more gameplay at your disposal later when it does release.
    dont know many people who will invest in something where they dont even know when it will be released.

I play lots of games, if one game doesn't deliver I'm not going to wait for an invitation, I'll just move on.

I forget what game it was but i remember while back that a game released on steam with a new content patch same day

Quote Originally Posted by frychikn View Post
    dont know many people who will invest in something where they dont even know when it will be released.
    I mean... Kickstarter is a thing. And was a thing for this game You are talking to a community that was founded around that very principle. Sometimes, the more important thing is the vision, talent, and doing what you can to help something truly unique into the world.

Life being what it is, I think everyone (HEX included) understands if you start spending your budget elsewhere to entertain yourself while you wait. But to back up Aradon with another voice: I will stay the course, myself. We have something good coming ^^

With the 19th being steam there is a very likely chance we won't see set 4 till may . If they can get bugs fixed and the server stable quickly perhaps we get it at the end of August.

Aye, no release date today and April's window is blown.

And if Set 5 isn't mechanically complete right now or very soon, the 2016 window for that set is blown, too.

Devoted Emissary
    Quote Originally Posted by IronPheasant View Post
    Aye, no release date today and April's window is blown.

And if Set 5 isn't mechanically complete right now or very soon, the 2016 window for that set is blown, too.
    You can be pretty sure, that Set 5 is not mechanically complete. But I'm not 100% sure that means a 2017 release. I hope for AZ2 at least for this year in additiion to Set 4, and possibly Set 5 somewhere at the end of the year.

It would be better (in theory) to release the new set after the Steam launch anyways. What better to promote the game's growth than to release a hefty expansion a few weeks after a bunch of new players start playing? They will (in theory) try and grind out Set 3, then grind out Set 4 shortly after.

If you release Set 4 before, the new players wouldn't know either way if new content was added (to a certain extent) and this would ultimately have a negative PR towards the Steam release.