Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Hoping for Set 4 before [insert month here]

Set 1 -> 2 was 7 months if we start at the closed beta date (starting at alpha is a tad unfair). We're just a little over 8 months of set 3. They still have next week to make an announcement. After that must be some massive delay.

Granted i am one of the skeptical few who Think it will be nearly impossible for 3 set releases a year but honestly at this rate i find it almost impossible for 2 sets a year and the reasoning is simple. PvE releases in between sets cause bugs, bugs that previously weren't there and those bugs continue to affect the new set builds and cause delays

Master Theorycrafter
    I'm confident this will get better over time poizonous, as the team gets more oiled and will have better procedures for testing and rolling out their builds. Core even mentioned this, I believe in one of their updates.

As far as I am concerned, I don't mind the slipping release date, I know that stuff happens. Over and over. That's software development, or maybe even life. What I do mind is them not communicating that it will be slipping and setting a new projected release date. Even if it would upset people, at least there is some transparency and we can plan ahead.

One of my major concerns is next year's invitational. If set 4 slips to late April early May then next year's invitational might not even get set 5 into the meta meaning the invitational will be very similar to this year's and not create much interest being too similar meta

Rock League Champion
    it should get better over time, but i dont have the feeling that it got better in the past 3 years.

ofc pve was a huge time sink in the development process, but tbh 7-8 month for a pvp set is close to a disaster
    Austrian Kickstarter & Slacker Backer | IGN: Cernz

-=] Dont mess with the bull, you gonna get the horn [=-

Master Theorycrafter
    Besides HEX, I don't have prior experience with TCG's, but I can see why steady set releases are in best interest for the health of the game. I just don't see this as a problem right now. I think we only need to start worrying if CZE still has problems after they have some PvE releases under their belt.

Even though PvE and PvP content can be designed seperately / in parallel, I think we're underestimating the influence of PvE on the underlying mechanics and design of the game, which is an inherent part of PvP content as well.

If set 4 is released next week, the announcement should be today if the patern is the usual...

I'd guess the 12th or 19th....announcement incoming.

This is what I really don't understand. Why is there no announcement yet? "Very early April" is like the first week, so I really hope for an announcement today.
    Even if it is delayed...so what. At least some note to us would be nice. I told my boss that I might need a few days off early April on short notice. Really hard to plan anything for people with jobs who finance this...

Rock League Champion
    communication needs to be empowered, i agree
    Austrian Kickstarter & Slacker Backer | IGN: Cernz

-=] Dont mess with the bull, you gonna get the horn [=-