Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: [PvP Spoiler] The Day Entrath Stood Still

Quote Originally Posted by Zantetsuken View Post
    This guy costs too many resources to be good. If I wanted to dump 12 into something to make it useful, I'd rather just cast Life Siphon.
    why would you need to dump 12 into this for it to be useful? As others have said, this would be good just paying 6 for a 4/4 troop as a quick action that deals 4 to the opponent. The fact you can pay more if you choose (or less) is just icing on the cake.

My first reaction was, "Oh no The Eye of Sauron is getting a corporal body to go with it!" After that I thought, "Sweet! Burn to the Ground can now be scrapped for the same effect and speed at the cost of one more resource!"

This card has a ton of potential and something people are forgetting is that gems are rotating with set 5 so tons of unknown potential with this card coming later

Quote Originally Posted by sukebe View Post
    why would you need to dump 12 into this for it to be useful? As others have said, this would be good just paying 6 for a 4/4 troop as a quick action that deals 4 to the opponent. The fact you can pay more if you choose (or less) is just icing on the cake.
    Probably confused as to what 2X means. We know it's 2 + X. But lots of folks interpret it as 2 * X (which HEX actually represents as XX).
    Hex: Shards of Fate KS || Producer

"The Magi of the Carloth highlands are renowned for their enthusiasm and generosity."
    "Speed is far more important than size when determining the power of a strike."
    "One needs no armor if both your mind and your fist are faster than your enemy's."

Quote Originally Posted by hex_colin View Post
    Probably confused as to what 2X means. We know it's 2 + X. But lots of folks interpret it as 2 * X (which HEX actually represents as XX).
    ah I see. I hadn't even thought of that. seeing like that I can see why some don't like it. but as you said, Hex has shown us that when it is 2*x they just put xx.

I am really looking forward to using this guy in some sort of control or midrange deck. Might even put a couple in faster decks as an end game card.

Even a 1/1 unblockable rhino creator on turn 3 is pretty impressive

One thing you can do is play him for, say, 2+4, resulting in a 4/4 that deals 4 with the damage gem, bounce with Yesterday or the like, then replay for 2+4, resulting in an 8/8 that deals 8 damage. 12 damage over the course of 3 turns, not including attacks with Speed.

Devoted Emissary
    Quote Originally Posted by hex_colin View Post
    why the hell people multiply a card cost? in that other game if a card cost 2 colorless and 3 color resource do they pay 6 color resource?!
    2 is 2 and X is a modifier to somthing the card does, seems so counterintuitive to multiply both instead of just ading the costs
    king tier backer, catalan and european

Quote Originally Posted by Catalonia View Post
    why the hell people multiply a card cost? in that other game if a card cost 2 colorless and 3 color resource do they pay 6 color resource?!
    2 is 2 and X is a modifier to somthing the card does, seems so counterintuitive to multiply both instead of just ading the costs
    That's basic algebra. 2X means 2 times X there, and XX would simplify to X squared. 2 + X would be the right way to write the card's cost under that notation.
    Keep Name: Shalott
    Proud member of Clan Blackblade.

yeah, and i can guarantee you that more people followed high school than played the other card game.
    this was one of the largest confusions for me as well as a new players.
    Also when you had to play the card, e.g. if you want to do deal 1 damage with burn to the ground, do you click it to 1? or to 2?
    So i just stopped using X cost cards altogether.