Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: HEX Update - Spoilers From Cory

Need the content to spend money though

Quote Originally Posted by Khendral View Post
    Just wondering, if I were to play Grace of Tiaanost on a on-death zone-changing troop ( Xentoth's Inquisitor)...where would it go upon death?
    I think you would stack the triggers. Then whichever one resolves first would go off, then the second would either fizzle or happen anyway. Not sure which.

Quote Originally Posted by hex_colin View Post
    There is a huge amount of effort involved with each patch that doesn't get content created. If you have hundreds of people you can pull off what you want between major content patches. When you have 50, you can't.

Solution: the more money you spend (and everyone else). The faster you'll get your content!
    Create content = gets money.

Also, like you said, alot of effort is involved with each patch that doesn't get content created... then create content, just split them in smaller patch

Anyway, I'm no expert in the matter and I still believe that the Hex team knows what their doing, but from an outside point of view its not really good.

That's been my one huge issue with content in this game. Small company shouldn't push for so much in each patch, smaller more frequent patches will keep people happier than one large patch that gets pushed back months due to all the bugs being introduced by trying to implement 5 things at once. I know they are behind on things they promised everyone but trying to push it all out at once it's just making things slower

Quote Originally Posted by poizonous View Post
    That's been my one huge issue with content in this game. Small company shouldn't push for so much in each patch, smaller more frequent patches will keep people happier than one large patch that gets pushed back months due to all the bugs being introduced by trying to implement 5 things at once. I know they are behind on things they promised everyone but trying to push it all out at once it's just making things slower
    I think people are missing the point. Let's look at an example (with completely made up numbers). Say it takes 12 weeks to create a set. 3 weeks to add PVE deck saves. And 4 weeks to add a new Gauntlet mode. That's 19 weeks of development. Then say it takes 3 weeks to prepare and execute a content patch no matter what is in it.

If I do it all together it takes 22 weeks. If I do it in 3 patches it takes 28 weeks. Same overall content, but splitting it up takes longer. And it takes 6 weeks away from content generation. With a larger team it wouldn't matter because you could devote folks to just doing patches. However, HEX isn't at that point yet, even though I have no doubt they'll get there.

Look, I live my life in a state of perpetual instant gratification, but I also understand that sometimes waiting is better because you get more/better whatever over the longer term.
    Hex: Shards of Fate KS || Producer

"The Magi of the Carloth highlands are renowned for their enthusiasm and generosity."
    "Speed is far more important than size when determining the power of a strike."
    "One needs no armor if both your mind and your fist are faster than your enemy's."

But 22 weeks with nothing in between its worse than 28 weeks of ooccasiona Content patches

Quote Originally Posted by poizonous View Post
    But 22 weeks with nothing in between its worse than 28 weeks of ooccasiona Content patches
    That's your view. It's not mine. And it's demonstrably a significantly more efficient use of resources, which is better for the game in the longer term.

It's also something that should be less and less of an issue. As the game matures and makes more money then we'll see a patch every 2 months or so and everyone will be happy. But you can't magically get to that point. You need to make the best use of the resources available to you and hope your trade-offs pay off.
    Hex: Shards of Fate KS || Producer

"The Magi of the Carloth highlands are renowned for their enthusiasm and generosity."
    "Speed is far more important than size when determining the power of a strike."
    "One needs no armor if both your mind and your fist are faster than your enemy's."

Quote Originally Posted by hex_colin View Post
    I think people are missing the point. Let's look at an example (with completely made up numbers). Say it takes 12 weeks to create a set. 3 weeks to add PVE deck saves. And 4 weeks to add a new Gauntlet mode. That's 19 weeks of development. Then say it takes 3 weeks to prepare and execute a content patch no matter what is in it.

If I do it all together it takes 22 weeks. If I do it in 3 patches it takes 28 weeks. Same overall content, but splitting it up takes longer. And it takes 6 weeks away from content generation. With a larger team it wouldn't matter because you could devote folks to just doing patches. However, HEX isn't at that point yet, even though I have no doubt they'll get there.

Look, I live my life in a state of perpetual instant gratification, but I also understand that sometimes waiting is better because you get more/better whatever over the longer term.
    Unfortunately its not a question of instant gratification, its a question of who will get the players money.

No content = no money

More content = more money

28 weeks with 3 contents = more money since players will want to try the different content on each launch. vs 22 weeks with 1 content
    people will try it all at once and stop playing after a while.

You are in a better position to know what's happening in Hex HQ than any of us. If their plan is to create something in the long run and they have the financial capacity to make bigger content patch with more time in between then be my guess. But like anything in life, people get tired and pass to something else no matter in what business we are in. Thats something that I don't want for Hex and I am also patient (to some extent) and I am waiting impatiently at Set 4 and Set 5 for this year.

Incremental updates don't generate as much of a bounce in player numbers as named expansions do. Because they don't generate marketing and word of mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by superdax View Post
    2- Equipment: PVP cards have some. if there is 300 cards there is at least 100 equipment that needs to be designed, balanced, programmed and tested
    Quite frankly, I would have refactored the equipment system at the design phase completely. The overhead it puts on set dev time, as well as the fact that its non-progressive (ie, you can't get a progressively betterer sword for your Rune Ear Commander for example. That kind of mmo loot treadmill doesn't exist here)... the same basic gist could have been done with stuff like "Four plants in your deck get +1 def".

Rock League Champion
    +1 for content in smaller steps, even when it takes a bit longer in the end to get all things out.

Its also a sign to the players, at least it gives a feeling that something happens and they might keep playing more than waiting month to get back to hex.

I understand colin too, but his points dont count imo, he has way more infos and he did see the progressions and future content etc.. if they keep it in big patches, they need to show more work in progress stuff to the players, way more stuff. Guess this could help.
    Last edited by Cernz; 04-02-2016 at 11:57 PM.
    Austrian Kickstarter & Slacker Backer | IGN: Cernz

-=] Dont mess with the bull, you gonna get the horn [=-