Impossible villains question

Can the impossible villains only be played in crisis expansion?

Nope!

You can just play "Impossible Mode" and use the Impossible Mode villains. The only other addition is when doing Impossible Mode, Weaknesses go back to the Weakness pile when destroyed.

I am curious though, does the "Weaknesses are put back on the Weakness stack" variant remain when using them in competitive? I would assume so since the rule is listed so generally in the rulebook.
    L. Dalton Duncan
    Video Editor and Graphic Designer
    Bachelor's in Emerging Media, Cum Laude

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Deck-Building Game

Quote Originally Posted by Mac_Apple View Post
    I am curious though, does the "Weaknesses are put back on the Weakness stack" variant remain when using them in competitive? I would assume so since the rule is listed so generally in the rulebook.
    Yes, it is.
    Nathaniel Yamaguchi
    CZE Playtester & Designer

So then I could just play them as normal villains in the stack if I did not want to do impossible mode

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Godrick View Post
    So then I could just play them as normal villains in the stack if I did not want to do impossible mode
    Yup, you could.
    Nathaniel Yamaguchi
    CZE Playtester & Designer

Yeah, they just become randomly more competent

As I've said before, I play with every deck, etc. For the first time we drained the weakness stack. This stack had 90 weakness cards!!! It was a game with 25 event (super-villain/super-hero) cards. Took almost four hours and the scores were within 30 points. One card like Bizarro or T-wings could move you from bottom to top. Not sure if I want to do that again but it was fun digging into a discard pile of a 100 or so size.

I'm pretty sure when you combine decks, you still should just use one set of kicks & weaknesses...

But... if it was fun that way, then it was a good way to play